Talk

Advanced search

next doors dog

(4 Posts)
ruledbyheart Fri 03-May-13 16:36:53

Looking for some advice with my neighbours dog they have a JRT who is not very friendly and this morning broke my fence panel trying to get to my two dogs, thankfully she didn't get through and I have patched my fence for now but looks like I'm going to have to replace the panel.

They aren't supposed to have the dog at this address as its against their tenancy (its the tenants brothers dog who ended up moving out over it but seems he is back.

I have tried to speak to them but they don't speak much English.

any ideas on what I can do I'm not sure who the landlord is or what company?

If the dog does this again and hurts my dog are they get in trouble?

Can I ask them to sort the fence as its their dog that's the problem?

I can't even let my dogs out atm as I'm scared of a fight breaking out as my older dog is snapping at little dog if the JRT is growling at the fence (I presume to get little dog to stay away).

quoteunquote Fri 03-May-13 16:55:46

Improve that fence reinforces it , as you will find it hard to get money out of them for dog damage,

Could you look up who bought the house last and contact the owners?

Bunnylion Fri 03-May-13 17:13:03

Ring round your local lettings agents. They'll be able to tell you immediately if its one of their properties. Look on Rightmove to see what agents operate in your area.

If the landlord is made aware if the dog then you can peruse them for repairs to the fence. They'll easily be able to take it out of the tenants deposit so it shouldn't be difficult.

PlasticLentilWeaver Fri 03-May-13 18:42:24

Not necessarily true about the deposit. The landlord would have to demonstrate that the tenant was responsible. They can just as easily claim it was your dog starting things off, even if they aren't meant to have a dog.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now