Talk

Advanced search

I'm after an animal type soft dog toy with enough weight to it that you can throw it a fair distance

(11 Posts)
Notonaschoolnight Fri 03-May-13 16:21:09

Just that really, she's not into balls plain or on rope, shell fetch her pheasant but its so light I can't throw it far can anyone recommend anything

Floralnomad Fri 03-May-13 17:16:52

The Purple Bone , does some heavy nylon type soft toys that are quite weighty . I got one for my dog for Christmas ,in the hope it was terrier proof ,but it wasn't. It would be ok for throwing and tough and hard wearing for normal non-destructive dogs.

Notonaschoolnight Fri 03-May-13 18:08:48

I'll have a look now thank you

issey6cats Sat 04-May-13 20:55:11

you could unpick a seam on a soft toy and put some small stones or beans inside to make it wheightier

Daysies Sat 04-May-13 21:47:01

What about one of the Kong brand kicker toys? They look a bit like an octopus, but you could grab one of the 'legs' and throw it pretty far, I should think. Got one of the smaller ones for the kitten, but the large ones would be good for a dog.

Twogoodreasons Sun 05-May-13 23:04:30

I got one of these from TK Maxx for around £6 and it is great!

ginauk84 Mon 06-May-13 08:33:08

How about the soft toys with a tennis ball in them? Look like a soft toy but with the ball you can still throw?

Notonaschoolnight Mon 06-May-13 12:34:26

I want the duck on a rope! I was in tkmaxx on sat they didn't have that, they didn't have a raccoon with a tennis ball inside, but it was still a bit light, I ended up buying her a toy for the house, a cloth/fur parrot that you but empty water bottles inside for her to crunch on, she likes it but now I'm on a mission for that duck!

Notonaschoolnight Mon 06-May-13 12:34:55

They did have a raccoon I mean

Twogoodreasons Mon 06-May-13 20:08:35

It is great. It is strung with heavy-duty elastic so you can project it quite a distance!

fanoftheinvisibleman Mon 06-May-13 20:41:25

I got one of those ducks from tkmaxx as thought it looked tough. Sadly he still did his pesky terrier number on it and held it down and ripped its face off on day one. By day two it was in about thirty pieces. I give in !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now