Talk

Advanced search

Dogs and trains?

(3 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Fri 26-Apr-13 13:44:10

Am going on holiday in summer and don't know at the moment if it will be in car or on train. I know ShyDog is good in cars but don't think she has ever been on a train and I have never taken a dog on a train.

Do I need to book them a ticket? hmm grin
Where do you sit/stand on train with them?

If I were considering it I would do a little short train journey to see how she got on. It's months away yet and I may even get a house sitter yet leaving her cosy at home but am trying to fully explore all options. :-)

foolonthehill Fri 26-Apr-13 13:56:20

My dog is allowed on east of England train services with no ticket, not in the buffet car but no other restrictions. Don;t know if other train companies are the same.

She loves it...just settles down under the seats and sleeps...only problem is if we have to change platforms and there are scary iron see through steps, when I have to carry her "becuse its scaaaaaarrrrryyyyy!!!!)

Aquelven Sat 27-Apr-13 17:49:55

Don't know about big dogs but you can take little dogs on trains for free as long as they are in a pet carrier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now