Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oh god - it's a full moon again!

(7 Posts)

Yet again, the springer has decided that he won't let me put his lead on him. He will happily come back to me, nearish, then dance away laughing if I try to catch him. Little B*****!

Yet again, I had to get a total stranger to catch him for me (springer was only inches away from me).

Yet again - it's the full moon.

I've ordered a gun dog training book since he comes from working stock. I WILL get the blighter trained - but maybe not during the full moon!

idirdog Wed 24-Apr-13 14:33:40

He is training you well grin

My dog is only a quarter springer. I know the 'catch me' dance well <gin>

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'm going out armed with chunks of roast beef and ham (not easy for a vegetarian) and my acme whistle.

Hi-ho-hi-ho its off to whip a springer into shape I go!

I put mine on a long line last weekend, and then made the fatal mistake of getting distracted. Cue dog spotting something in the distance, legging it at full pelt and pulling me backwards off my feet. I saw stars. Then I saw a spaniel nose. He helpfully laid on my chest, which was great as I was quite winded and struggling to breathe. I'm still knocking back the co-codamol so that I can move my neck/arms/back.

pinkbear82 Wed 24-Apr-13 17:37:41

My springer is currently doing the ' I want your chocolate' dance with DSD - this is after helping himself to the left over mince from tea which was for lunch tomorrow!
This is after DP dragged us all to the park to see said springer's 'fabulous ball retrieval' - said springer was released from his lead only to do lap after lap after lap of the park ignoring ball and only stopping to sniff another springer's bottom. DP 'clueless' on sudden disobedience - I tend to to think this might be the norm .....

An hour!

A whole bloody hour of springer dancing away, me ignoring it, various strangers giving it a go. A whole bloody hour!

And this was after an hour's walk, with constant recalling, treating, on the lead off the lead, encouraging like a loon.

I had to walk away in the end - he followed off lead. With me swearing in a lovely sing-song encouraging voice. Luckily, he waited when I told him and we made it home in one piece.

Did I say it took an hour?

Back to the training lead tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now