Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

is it ok to attend more than one dog training class?

(8 Posts)
Owllady Mon 15-Apr-13 17:35:29

or is it confusing? confused
I have been attending an improvers class but it's at a weird time, 9pm, and my dog has decided she no longer knows anything I have taught her (10 months) but I do really like my trainer. I have found another class which doesn't mention anything about dominance wink which runs in the day, do you think it is fine to swap? or to attend the other one mainly but go to my old class when I can make it?

i am new to this class malarky. This class is a training school which progresses onto flyball/agility etc

ditavonteesed Mon 15-Apr-13 17:38:01

I have always attended more than one class, you do the training not then so just be consistent with your dog, I think it helps to know they have to behave in more places than just the one training class iyswim.

Owllady Mon 15-Apr-13 17:39:41

I am training her at home as well, she is just being awkward I think and coupled with the fact i am finding the time of the class hard I am suffering that thing called guilt <sigh>

PseudoBadger Mon 15-Apr-13 17:42:24

Yes, but you may have issues if they have conflicting ideas/styles. I've always attended more than one agility club, but only ever went to one pet obedience club.

Scuttlebutter Mon 15-Apr-13 17:58:20

I think it would depend on the style of the training class. If they were consistent in their approach, cues used etc, then this could work, but might be confusing if they take different approaches.

Owllady Tue 16-Apr-13 09:48:19

shall i just try it? the other one offers 3 sessions free......

Scuttlebutter Tue 16-Apr-13 10:23:52

Why not? Give it a go. What's the worst that can happen? smile

Owllady Tue 16-Apr-13 12:31:37

nothing I suppose grin I think I worry too much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now