Talk

Advanced search

BARF feeding. where to get the meat/fish from

(5 Posts)
ihatethecold Mon 15-Apr-13 10:52:19

hi there, ive just got a beautiful vizsla puppy that has beed weaned on a barf diet.
I am going to continue feeding this way as i have seen the benefits with the breeders older dogs.

I have so far bought meat from the pet shop and morrisons plus a small amount from aldi.

I need to get some ordered in a larger amount.

any tips?

idirdog Mon 15-Apr-13 19:05:47

Depends where you live but

landywoods

DAF

the dog food company

TPMS

Local suppliers for Raw Food in NE Hampshire and Surrey Boarders

Anglian Meat Products

The UK Directory for Organic Food

Berriewoods

mrslaughan Mon 15-Apr-13 21:42:04

we're in Hertfordshire, and get DAF delivered by Raw2paw - they have a website

ihatethecold Thu 18-Apr-13 22:02:57

Thanks for all the links. I'm based in Cambridgeshire.

Gracie123 Mon 22-Apr-13 15:46:42

We order our family meat from Wellhungmeat.com on a monthly basis. Because we do they throw in free 'stock bones' (great rec bones) 'pet mince' (bit gross, but I use it to bulk up meals - it's blood and ligaments and such) and offal which our dog eats.

We also ask friends who hunt for any carcasses. Farmers are usually happy to get rid of rabbits if they use traps, and I top up from my local butcher. He will sell me cheap anything that he has an excess of, which changes from pigs feet to rabbit carcasses to turkey necks, but it's all edible and the puppy is really enjoying it. I just stuff it all in meal sized portions in sandwich bags in the freezer, then we pull it out the night before and set it on the side to defrost.

Occasionally I've forgotten, but he happily eats it frozen anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now