Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone introduced a puppy to cats?

(3 Posts)
Karbea Sun 14-Apr-13 21:17:59

Hello,

I'm so nervous about tomorrow, really need some tips and advice.

I've 4 cats, 3 Persians and a year old bengal, when we introduced the Bengal the youngest Persian (male) left home, was arrested by the police, he is now best friends with the Bengal but for a few months I thought I'd lost him to his second family, now he rarely leaves the house, he is on my lap now.

Tomorrow I'm bringing home an 11 week old American cocker.

Anyone any helpful hints on how to ensure everyone stays relatively happy? How best to introduce everyone?

Thank you.

shoutymcshoutsmum Mon 15-Apr-13 08:58:01

Tricky one - I would ensure that your cats have their own space so they can get away from the pup. My two cats now live upstairs most of the day and then are downstairs at night when the dog is asleep. I put a litter tray and water upstairs too and that made them much happier as they didn't have to run the gauntlet to get out into the garden. My pup never wanted to hurt them, he was just curious and that scared them. Good luck.

GROOVEYCHICK Mon 15-Apr-13 09:43:59

hi we have 3 cats and 2 dogs the cats live in the conservatory and in the day come in and go upstairs on the bed where the pup cant go
one of them is crazy and just jumps on the pup wanting to play so i have to watch him but the he ignores the other two and they have necer been bothered by him but this is the third dog so they are used to it now x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now