I keep forgetting and looking for Cleo :(

(22 Posts)
TrinityRhino Sat 13-Apr-13 10:07:25

Thinking I've locked her out
or wondering if i've fed her
or thinking, oh she'll like those leftovers

sad

TrinityRhino Sat 13-Apr-13 10:08:20

her bowl and bed are still down, I dont want to move them unless dp wants to and he hasn't
me and the girls planted flowers around her grave yesterday

TrinityRhino Sat 13-Apr-13 10:09:50

original thread

fanoftheinvisibleman Sat 13-Apr-13 10:53:56

Aww Trinity sad

It'll go on for a while I'm sure. It took a about a year for me not to scan the bushes for my cat when coming down the drive.

bootsycollins Sat 13-Apr-13 11:08:54

I'm so sorry for your loss Trinity. It only hurts so much because you all loved her so much and Cleo loved you all in return. Your all so lucky to have shared your hearts and your home with such a special dog thanks

topbannana Sat 13-Apr-13 11:14:19

trinity it's so hard, I really feel for you sad
BlackDog has been gone 4 months now and I still reach out my hand to touch her head all the fecking time I also still have her lead in my coat pocket where I put it when we were at the vets- I somehow cannot bring myself to hang it up <tragic old fool>
It is easier than it was, but I did approach going to see a litter of pups last weekend with a great amount of trepidation. Our new pup comes home in 2 weeks which will be the start of a new era, though not the end of the old one by any means.
Take you time and best wishes to you and your family thanks

Jellykat Sat 13-Apr-13 11:17:56

Aww Trinity..
Don't move her bed or bowl until you're ready.

I remember i couldn't hoover my bedroom for weeks after my darling dog was pts last year, because his hair was on the carpet and i didn't want it to go (he slept at the bottom of my bed).. I still have all his things and expect him to be waiting for me when i get home (9 months later).

It leaves such a huge gap and it takes a long time i'm afraid, but i completely understand where you are coming from. sad x

TrinityRhino Sat 13-Apr-13 11:20:21

thanks everyone
sorry for all your losses
it really is hard

swallowedAfly Sat 13-Apr-13 11:26:25

sad

i haven't had to go through this yet - and hopefully not for a long time as i have young dogs. can only imagine.

so nothing useful to say i'm afraid.

feel for you though. be kind to yourself

namechange917381 Sat 13-Apr-13 11:26:37

This thread is making me cry. sad I'm 2 years on and I still get twinges about our lovely, beautiful dog. In a way I'm glad the pain never really goes, it serves as a reminder of the love you felt when they were alive.

As time goes on, you will never forget, but when you do think about them you'll smile more than cry, you'll remember fondly all the silly things they used to do and you'll laugh about it and smile.

There's no rush to do or change anything, it'll happen naturally.

And don't feel guilty if you decide to get another pet. As topbannana said; they're never a replacement, only the beginning of a new era.

Clg199 Sat 13-Apr-13 11:26:43

We've kept Kelvin's bed for now, but it's in the conservatory - I look at it and think fondly of him now instead of feeling sad - it's been almost 5 months. His other things are packed away in a bag, but no intention to get rid of them. They stayed out for a good while until it felt right. We kept his ashes for a good few weeks, until one day felt right and we scattered them in the sun in a good squirrel chasing spot.

Take each day at a time, there are no rules for when you should or shouldn't do stuff flowers

TrinityRhino Sat 13-Apr-13 19:22:47

thanks everyone

dp cooked up some hearts and then I could see him realising that he had done that primarily for her and then it hit him

poor guy is gutted

missmapp Sat 13-Apr-13 19:25:30

I didnt have a dog but my beloved cat died in Jan and I still look for her. Today, there was a black fleece on the bed and I thought it was hger and smiled as I went to stroke her.

It is a sad time. Do what is right for you.

Bowlersarm Sat 13-Apr-13 19:32:11

sad my dogs are 6 and 5. I hope I don't have to face this for a long time. Hugs to you. I know I'll have to face it some time. Can't bear the thought, so think i know what you might be going through

furbaby Sat 13-Apr-13 19:37:26

HUGE hugs to you ....... ours will be 17 and 13 this year and I am just so dreading the end . I understand you can, t keep them forever but they just make life so special . Thinking of you op in this tough time x

LimitedEditionLady Mon 22-Apr-13 20:28:30

Ive just come back from the vets.my beautiful boy couldnt cope anymore.it aches inside,im looking around to see him sleeping against the door but then hes still not there.

MrsWolowitz Tue 23-Apr-13 07:37:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whippoorwhill Tue 23-Apr-13 08:15:59

Aw, Mrs Wolowitz, that is so sweet. Made me sob too.

After my Teazle died I kept her collar and lead hanging in its usual place and now Rain has grown up enough to wear them. I did cry the first time I put them on her but now it makes me smile and remember things that happened on walks with her.

LimitedEditionLady Tue 23-Apr-13 08:24:43

Mrs wolowitz that was lovely.feel like someones ripped my heart out,the hardest part right now is when im sad its him who would make it better just sitting with him and it feels unbearable.if u could just sleep all day i would cos everywhere i look im missing him.x

LimitedEditionLady Tue 23-Apr-13 08:38:12

I actually feel physcical pains,is that stress?

alicetrefusis Wed 24-Apr-13 20:47:18

Oh my lovely I am so so sorry. sad sad sad I do understand. This may sound crazy, but have you thought about writing it down - even maybe a letter to your darling Cleo? (animal people will understand and no disrepect to those bereaved of humans)

There are also some forums dedicated to those who have lost pets. That might help too.

When my beloved cat Bertie died I couldn't face any pictures of a black and white cat for months. Anything with his hairs on made me cry and cry. I felt like I was drowning and had a heavy pain in my chest. Even now I tear up thinking of him and it was some years ago now, but it does get easier.

I have dogs now as well as two beloved cats. One of my dogs is so special I call her my heart dog I can't bear the thought of losing her and she's 14 now. We've been together through so much so I do understand. Message me anytime if you'd like. Look after yourself. xx

alicetrefusis Wed 24-Apr-13 20:53:50

... and I also meant to say I 'saw' him around for weeks, just out of the corner of my eye.

It's a heartbreaking time and I really feel for you. All my animals send you their love.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now