Talk

Advanced search

First Night Not Having to Get Up!

(3 Posts)
FragileTitanium Sat 13-Apr-13 06:34:04

Hi Everyone
I just wanted to share with you the fact that last night was the first night my puppy held her wees and poos and I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night and stand in the garden telling her to "get busy"!!!!
I'm pretty thrilled because if you've seen my other posts, I was pretty much mental with sleep deprivation, so it has come at a great time!

I changed my feeding routine a bit yesterday so if it's useful for anyone else toilet training a puppy, here's what I did.

My puppy has a mixture of fresh and dry food. I weight out the dry food at the beginning of the day so I don't over feed. We were warned that the puppy can put on weight because it's too cute when asking for food.

I gave her a big breakfast at 7am. Then a smaller lunch at 11am, then a small dinner at 3pm. Some chew and training treats in between but nothing substantial after 3pm. Water available throughout. I took her out every hour throughout the day, bed at 8pm then lifted her at 11pm. She made it through to 6am...yay!!!!

fanoftheinvisibleman Sat 13-Apr-13 08:03:17

Glad it is working. The first few weeks are hard work but in my experience it soon inproves. Sounds like you're turning the magic corner!

FragileTitanium Sat 13-Apr-13 12:51:17

Thank you! I've found this forum so helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now