Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dog attacked mine yesterday .,.

(10 Posts)
jellybrain Mon 08-Apr-13 22:21:33

... She was n't badly hurt but I think the same dog went for a friends dog too.
We were walking alongside the canal and the dog concerned leapt at ours grabbing her muzzle in his jaws snarling and trying to shake her. The owner grabbed him smacked him and pulled him off.
He was pretty out of control... Am I right in thinking if you have a dog like this it should be kept on a lead? Would you report it and who too?

pigsDOfly Mon 08-Apr-13 23:39:21

Sorry to hear this jelly.

Yes the dog should be on the lead and muzzled by the sound of it, but doubt it's going to happen. Says a lot about the dog's behaviour that his owner attempts to 'control' him by slapping him.

Report it to the local dog warden. All you can do really, the police aren't interested in dog on dog attacks.

Hope you and your dog are both okay.

jellybrain Tue 09-Apr-13 06:09:24

Thanks Pigs. Jellydog is fine thanks, the other dog was much smaller than her, he was lucky she's such a wimp soul.
I will report it to the dog warden particularly as his owners action was not one of surprise.

jellybrain Tue 09-Apr-13 06:10:33

Very poor attempt at using strike through there. O well!

HanBanan89 Tue 09-Apr-13 06:21:53

Hope you and your doggie are ok, it's very scary when it happens. I would report the incident at the very least the owner should have their dog muzzled.
I had a similar experience 2 months ago. I was 37 weeks pregnant walking (more like waddling) my dog down by the river. There was a woman coming towards me with 6 jack Russell's and they acted as a pack and all went for my dog. It was terrifying! The owner wasnt even bothered and did not ask if my dog or even of I was ok!
Defo report I think it's terrible that you cannot walk your dog safely sad

MrsWolowitz Tue 09-Apr-13 07:33:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jellybrain Tue 09-Apr-13 11:44:15

I've filled in a contact form for the dog warden as well as leaving a phone message. They should get back to me within 48 hrs so, I'll update after that.

jellybrain Tue 09-Apr-13 14:13:50

Have now spoken to the dog warden and he is going to visit and have a word. Hopefully he will give the owner some sensible advice.

jellybrain Tue 09-Apr-13 14:20:15

HanBanan - that must have been horrid. I would probably been in tears if that had happened when I was pregnant.

HanBanan89 Wed 10-Apr-13 00:39:35

I was shaking like a leaf and had to sit down, my dog was ok just a few cuts to his face ears an neck poor boy.
When is the dog warden coming? Hope you get on ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now