Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

You many think I am nuts but

(7 Posts)
Tooloudhere Mon 08-Apr-13 17:37:02

How do you apologise to your dog? My dog is lovely but appears to be stuck to me with Velcro so I lose count each day the number of times I walk into him,tread on his paw etc.

I have just opened a cupboard door and he appeared behind it just in time to get a whack on the the back from the door, so I give him a fuss and say sorry and he looks at me as if to say are yu stupid. We are not overly clumsy people but he has a habit just being right in the wrong place.

greenfern Mon 08-Apr-13 17:52:34

Whenever I stand on my dogs paw or trip over him I say sorry did I hurt you he proceeds to come over put his paw up for me to rub and when he is quite happy he totters way. he is known to be a very spoilt pooch though grin

MrsClown1 Tue 09-Apr-13 12:39:55

I have a toy poodle who is always getting trodden on, especially when we are out walking and he is off the lead because he walks right next to my feet. I always give him a love. By the sounds of it you are a lovely dog owner so I am sure he will forgive you!

AdoraBell Tue 09-Apr-13 13:05:20

Mine get extra cuddles or neck rub kinda stroking when they get under feet.

Tooloudhere Wed 10-Apr-13 12:17:47

Will keep saying sorry and giving him a fuss, was abit worried he would end up being fearful. When he was little we thought he may get a bit more sense when he got older but no that has not happened.

Never had this much of a velcro dog before!

gymmummy64 Wed 10-Apr-13 14:21:44

I always worry that Gymdog will think I hurt him on purpose which I'm sure his previous owners used to. I always put on a surprised voice and cuddle him which probably has no effect whatsoever but makes me feel better grin

Tooloudhere Wed 10-Apr-13 14:30:54

Poor gymdog, don't know how people could hurt them deliberately.

I am sure you are right and it's more me feeling guilty and feeling better than him being actually bothered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now