Talk

Advanced search

its only taken 12 months but i soooo happy

(8 Posts)
3kids2cats2dogs Sat 06-Apr-13 19:18:43

my little bundle of absolute terror JRT 18 months has finally managed a walk out today without barking howling or screaming his little head off and basically desperately trying to dislocate my shoulder, trip me up or having me in a completely knackered stressed out state on arriving home....he WALKED he just Walked not on 2 legs whilst choking and trying to hang himself he just Walked nicely on all 4 legs smile....he has been a nightmare to take out from day 1, we tried everything and I mean everything over the last 18 months, we don't take him to parks cos well we just cant he sounds like we are trying to murder him, barking from the first step out to the last step in, no chance of praising good behaviour because he never stopped barking but today although it was not the park just our normal walk he WALKED omg im one happy lady, not sure if it was a fluke, I used all the normal commands I would normally use and he WALKED....sorry so happy just had to share x

That's wonderful news!

If you could just come round and show the Springer how to go out into the garden without screeching like a banshee I would be eternally grateful (and so would our neighbours!)

Enjoy your lovely quiet walks.

Aquelven Sat 06-Apr-13 20:23:33

That's brilliant grin
I know what a nightmare it must have been. One of my Skyes was a right screwball out on walks, used to dread meeting other dogs. She was three before she finally settled so your little chap has done much better.

3kids2cats2dogs Sat 06-Apr-13 21:50:02

hahahaha Wherebethat, he not that good, omg the screeching like a banshee is exactly what mine does in the garden, again I have tried everything, he runs around screaming as if he being chased by zombies, someone suggested taking him in the garden on a lead but he does exactly the same except he don't do a pee, we love em but omg they can drive us insane at times

aquelven I was so proud of him today, just hope he is as good on the morning walk, mine will start as soon as we get out the gate, every leaf moving bird flying or the slightest noise will set him off and god help me if we see another human, dog or car lol, will let you know how it goes tomorrow x

pigsDOfly Sat 06-Apr-13 23:19:29

Aaw 3kids you sound so happy and proud. Puppies/young dogs can be a nightmare, but stick with it and, as I'm finding with my girl - just turned 2yo, they suddenly seem to get it, and you've got a dog that you can take out and be proud of (most of the time).

My dog has just learned to offer her paws when we come in from a walk. Every time she does it I get a warm glow of pridesmile

Scuttlebutter Sat 06-Apr-13 23:21:07

Fantastic - well done!

3kids2cats2dogs Sat 13-Apr-13 23:55:28

ok it been over a week that barney my 14 month old rescue JRT started walking nicely and I can honestly say we have had more good walks than bad, he still has a few issues when near traffic, howling, barking and pulling but its getting better, yesterday another proud moment, I took both dogs out together (Dillon 15 month rescue rottie) who is a right old plodder wouldn't run even if his tail was on fire smile and to walk with them both side by side was such a joy...previously it was a complete nightmare with little barney going bonkers leads tangles, me tripping over him as he darted from one side to the other, Dillon just plodding and stressing out at the noises, im really enjoying our walks now...have a pic of them both sleeping together in my profile smile so proud of my boys smile

FragileTitanium Sun 14-Apr-13 06:37:32

Congratulations! All that hard work paid off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now