Talk

Advanced search

Upset dogs - what to do?

(9 Posts)
DixieD Sat 06-Apr-13 00:57:15

Do you just leave dogs to cry? I am minding my friends dogs. They are 5 and 5 months. I brought them around to our place rather than leave them at theirs because I thought they would prefer the company. Instead of being left alone with me calling in three times a day. They had a great day playing with the kids, a big walk, and spent a good bit of the evening cuddled up on my lap.
I have put them in the kitchen now with their beds, water and food. They have had a run in the garden so not needing to go out for wees. Even so I have paper down in case. But they are crying incessantly. I feel really bad. If it was just me I'd take them into the bed, but DH won't hear of it.
I should have left them in their own place shouldn't I? I wouldn't leave a baby to cry it out, is it OK to do with a dog?

DIddled Sat 06-Apr-13 01:02:44

What a lovely kind friend you are! They are just a bit homesick but far happier then they would be at home! They'll settle down eventually x

OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 06-Apr-13 01:08:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DixieD Sat 06-Apr-13 07:55:46

Thanks for replies. They did settle down eventually and slept well. Do you advice keeping here again tonight or dropping back to there own place?

NotSoNervous Sat 06-Apr-13 08:03:05

I'd leave them at yours again. They'll cry but not for as long

Callisto Sat 06-Apr-13 08:51:37

You're so kind - the Dog God will certainly bless you for this. Keep them with you, they will settle more quickly tonight. Taking them on a long walk/having a long play session this afternoon will help too if you have time/inclination.

Isandri Sat 06-Apr-13 19:31:46

You're lovely smile my dog is sad when my husband works away. I find giving him a pigs ear helps.

Thumbtack Sat 06-Apr-13 21:08:08

How nice you sound, I think your doing fine just following your instinct. Keep them at your place they need the human company I think . .

coffeeinbed Sat 06-Apr-13 21:23:30

They will settle.
My dog cries when I go to the loo. hmm
Sits in front of the door and cries.
He's a bit of a drama queen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now