Advanced search

my 11 yr old lab has probably got cancer

(8 Posts)
Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 20-Mar-13 23:06:41

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Can you keep him pain free for a while longer? Or is it imminent?

So sorry. What an awful decision to have to make.


Mrcrumpswife Wed 20-Mar-13 11:47:18

I'm so sorry to hear this Nellysad

I hope he has lots more time for lovely long walks with you.

Nellymay Wed 20-Mar-13 11:42:15

The tests results are back and its definitely cancer - in the iliac lymph node - in his groin and probably in lung and also in part of his intestine- the vet isn't sure which is secondary and which is primary yet.
Very sad but we were expecting it to be something like this

He's fine at the moment - going long walks, eating his food.

We don't want chemo or an operation. we just want to keep him pain free.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Fri 15-Mar-13 17:23:43

Sorry to hear about your lab. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

RedwingWinter Fri 15-Mar-13 17:11:21

I'm very sorry to hear this sad. I"ll keep my fingers crossed for the test results.

iwantalittleone Fri 15-Mar-13 10:59:52

Sorry to hear about your lab sad

We are in a similar situation with our 10 yr old lab. She has a lump on her mammory glad and a swollen stomach which they think is a tumour in her liver. She's going in for an op a week on Mon to find out. Worst thing is, I booked a girls holiday months ago so won't be here.

She's otherwise happy and healthy, DP will have to make a decision depending on the outcome of the op. He's had her since he was 15, it will be very difficult sad

Mrcrumpswife Wed 13-Mar-13 16:53:15

Sorry to hear about your dogsad

DDs dog (who lives with her Dad) is just going through numerous tests as they have found a lump. Shes an 8 year old GSD, so as you can imagine its been a big shock to everyone as she's so healthy.

Fingers crossed the test results come back all clear for you.

Nellymay Wed 13-Mar-13 00:20:11

He wasn't well 2 weeks ago - a high temp 105 and ended up having 2 nights in the our vets hospital. They said he'd got upper respiratory tract infection or early pneumonia. On the chest X-ray they took were some "fluffy bits" which worried the vet and they asked us to bring him in for more thorough X-rays and abdominal scans when he's better, this was today. They found more Fluffy bits n the X-ray which they say is "very likely to be cancer" They think its a secondary and did an abdominal scan to look for the primary and, as yet haven't found it. They've taken samples of lung fluid etc and dent them off for tests. I asked the vet if what they've found can be anything else instead of cancer - they thought not
He's a healthy fit dog for his age - he's loyal and dogged in its true sense.
i just want him to be happy and pain free.
We don't know anything concrete yet - when the test results come through next week perhaps we'll have more of an idea about what to expect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now