Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours seem to have a new dog/puppy - when will the whining stop!?!?

(3 Posts)
GentlyGentlyOhDear Mon 14-Jan-13 13:04:06

I am at home during the day and noticed last week that I could hear a funny noise through the wall. It seems to be a whining puppy or dog. I've never seen any signs of a dog, even in the garden, so assume it is maybe a puppy that cannot go out yet, but they seem to leave it for hours during the day and it just cries sad I have a dog and think it is bloody cruel to leave a crying puppy alone angry

Sadly, the neighbours are not the approachable or responsible type so I don't feel I can say anything about it. I'm hoping they realise that having a dog is too much work and they have it rehomed.

I have a dog and hate listening to the pining cries, but my dog has never really cried when left or at night (we frequently used to listen outside and by the door to check - not that we ever left him very long). If it is a puppy, when will it get used to being left? I'm concerned that as it gets bigger it will start to bark, rather than whine and I just can't put up with that as I work from home.

Any reassurances, please?!

quoteunquote Mon 14-Jan-13 13:47:47

It will only stop when the dogs need are met, and it becomes a confidant happy dog.

GentlyGentlyOhDear Mon 14-Jan-13 13:51:34

The prognosis doesn't look good hmm
I'm going to give it a week or two to see if it settles, but I'll have to mention it if not.
They have a teenager in the household who is obviously upstairs ignoring the dog, which is actually making me more angry than if there was no-one in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now