Talk

Advanced search

Pet passport

(5 Posts)
assumpta Thu 20-Dec-12 10:53:09

Hi, can anyone please tell me if I need a pet passport for republic of Ireland? Where do I present it? Do ireland check when we arrive, or does UK check when we return? Our dog is a rescue dog that came from Ireland through a rescue in east Sussex and he didn't have a passportto get over here and doesn't have a passport now. Can anyone please help?

issey6cats Thu 20-Dec-12 16:44:54

just googled and because uk is rabies free you dont need one between the two but would be worth contacting DEFRA to confirm what vaccinations and treatments the dog does need to be up to date with

assumpta Thu 20-Dec-12 21:11:45

Thank you for that info.

Bakingtins Thu 20-Dec-12 21:33:07

We travelled with dogs to Ireland a few years ago and didn't need any paperwork. You can double check here before you go though.

Pettravel Sun 23-Dec-12 14:25:24

If you are traveling from a member country of the EU to Scotland, you should be fine. If you are traveling from outside the EU, there are requirements of microchipping and vaccination to avoid quarantine. We have lots of information about traveling with a pet all over the world. Http://www.pettravel.com.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now