Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

9 month old cocker getting spayed on Thursday. What to expect after?

(7 Posts)
tiredemma Tue 27-Nov-12 18:27:24

As title suggests, how can we best prepare to make it more comfortable for her at home? What can we expect?

I'm very anxious about it all!

buttercrumble Tue 27-Nov-12 18:35:14

She will be fine , but probably rough for first 24 hours. Our beagle trembled and threw up loads of clear liquid almost like water about 3 or 4 times afterwards, so maybe keep her in her bed in the kitchen or somewhere with hard floors, otherwise carpets may end up ruined, i was really worried but she soon picked up.

tiredemma Tue 27-Nov-12 20:07:50

Thanks for your response.

what about trying to chew stitches etc?

buttercrumble Tue 27-Nov-12 20:30:03

She came home with an elizabethan collar on, so was fine in that respect. The troublesome bit was that the vet said she wasnt to jump up, which is easier said than done with a spoilt pooch. Who is used to sitting up on the sofa...

tiredemma Tue 27-Nov-12 20:40:59

Thats what I'm worried about!! She seems to have engineered her own space on the sofa (incidentally right next to DP- exactly where I used to sit!)

Thanks again

littlewhitebag Tue 27-Nov-12 20:46:44

My 6 month old lab was spayed two weeks ago. She was very dopey when she came home and we walked her on her lead for a few weeks but apart from that she was absolutely fine. She never touched her stitches at all and never had any need for a collar She had a little swelling under the wound and had some anti inflammatory tablets to take. I am sure it will all be fine.

tiredemma Thu 29-Nov-12 17:47:20

Oh she is so not herself. Just lying in her cage looking at me. Turned her nose away at a bit of food and won't go out for a wee sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now