Talk

Advanced search

Sick dog - advice needed please!

(4 Posts)
Coconutter Wed 21-Nov-12 18:05:47

NutterDog is usually excellent at toileting outside but has left us two rather loose presents this week. She was unusually snappy on Sunday and our dog trainer reckoned her eyes were looking funny. Took her to vet on Monday who said her eyes were fine, gave her an anti-inflammatory injection and painkiller tablets.

As her stools were loose and there was a bit of blood I've been feeding her rice and scrambled egg as advised by the vet nurse. However she has been sick twice in the last two days. Getting her tablets down her is a mission as whatever we wrap it in gets eaten and the tablets spat out!

She still seems quite perky but I am worried. Any ideas?

Coconutter Wed 21-Nov-12 18:10:54

She's also off her food sad

SpicyPear Wed 21-Nov-12 18:25:51

Sorry no ideas but have you tried the tablets in a big blob of cream cheese? This is the only way I can get them down SpicyDog.

LoveDogs Wed 21-Nov-12 19:19:20

We have the same trouble with getting tablets down our girl, we've found the only way is to put the tablet in her mouth, hold her mouth up a little and then very gently stroking her throat which then makes her swallow. I know it sounds a bit cruel but it works and doesn't hurt her at all as long as you are very gentle. We have tried just about everything and this was our only option.
I'd also say if she's not better and still not eating by friday morning I'd take her back to the vets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now