Talk

Advanced search

Bloodshot eye

(4 Posts)
loveulotslikejellytots Sun 18-Nov-12 21:16:30

Hi All

Can anyone help me and possibly reassure me. I have a 7 year old male staffy who has had a blood shot eye since Saturday morning. He is walked on a harness not a collar, his food hasn't been changed recently, he hasn't been walked anywhere new, not bathed recently, no other problems... i'm just wondering what it could be!

DH and I agreed to see if it had gone down by tonight and if it hadn't, decide what to do. Well it hasn't gone down but it hasn't got worse. He'll let me look at it but there is no way he'd let me wash it out. There's nothing visibly in it. He's eating and drinking well, getting excited when his lead comes out, has a wet nose, very alert etc.

Do I leave it a couple more days or take him to the vets tomorrow? He seems a bit grumpy but thats probably because DH has been working a lot so he's not seen him much and we've been out twice today without him. He always has a little sulk. He's curled up with us on the sofa at the moment.

Shall I just leave it another day or 2 and see if it goes down or take him to the vets tomorrow?

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 18-Nov-12 22:25:02

I personally feel you can't be too careful with eyes bloodshot eye can be the symptom of very minor conjunctivitis or much more serious glaucoma and a whole host of things between.

poachedeggs Sun 18-Nov-12 23:33:03

Vets tomorrow (I'm a vet BTW).

loveulotslikejellytots Mon 19-Nov-12 08:58:45

Thanks for the replies. I'm calling the vet this morning he still seems fine by i'm worried he's in pain or that it's something more serious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now