Talk

Advanced search

Best way to get dog poo off thick soled walking boots

(12 Posts)
ijustwant8hours Sat 17-Nov-12 11:41:22

This is actually a thinly disguised rant about people not picking up after their dogs... I mean is there some dog thing where if your dog poos on grass you don't need to clear it up? Have only been taking the dog out for a few weeks and I must have stepped in cr*p four times and am constantly having to warn the dcs to watch where they step. It is disgusting and lazy and can you tell I am annoyed?

I am sure I will get better at avoiding it.

Sorry for rant, feel a bit better now!

Floralnomad Sat 17-Nov-12 12:14:17

I always walk in wellies unless its hot and then I walk in crocs so either way its just a quick visit to a hosepipe.having said that I'm very careful and in 2.5 yrs of dog walking have had few accidents.

Vivalebeaver Sat 17-Nov-12 12:15:20

A small, stiff bristle brush. Kept in the shed for just this purpose and nothing else. Lots of disinfectant.

thegriffon Sat 17-Nov-12 12:21:31

I don't even try to avoid poo now the evening walks are mostly in the dark. I step in all varieties - cow, horse, dog, and if we're in the woods probably sometimes human shock. Boots are waterproof, I rinse them under outside tap when I get home. Any poo that doesn't come off easily stays where it is. Boots are kept in the garage.

SpicyPear Sat 17-Nov-12 12:23:50

I buy the packs of super cheap stiff bristle toothbrushes and chuck them after use. Also have a garden spray bottle of water/dettol ready to use. It's mostly fox poo in our own garden though that we have a problem with!

ggirl Sat 17-Nov-12 20:30:26

thumb over hose , high pressure squirts , it takes skill and practice not to squirt yourself with shit

VerySmallSqueak Sat 17-Nov-12 20:31:36

Let it dry and prize out with a sturdy stick.

Very satisfying.

ijustwant8hours Sat 17-Nov-12 21:42:13

Its like a dog walkers version on whittling a bit of wood with a penknife!

VerySmallSqueak Sat 17-Nov-12 21:53:21

I know what you mean with the rant though.

I put my youngest on 'poop watch' in the worst areas.

Ours walks are punctuated with 'Watch out! POOP!'

It's horrible,isn't it?

CalamityKate Tue 20-Nov-12 11:53:20

A knife over the sink. Haven't you seen The Royle Family?!

MagiMingeWassailsAgain Tue 20-Nov-12 11:54:54

I remember my mum using a knife grin

I keep old toothbrushes for the job, and scrub the poo out with an old toothbrush and hot water with washing up liquid in, outside.

ShatnersBassoon Tue 20-Nov-12 11:58:58

Tea towel round lower face, Vicks under nose, bamboo skewer, Cillit Bang, hose pipe, kettle of boiling water for final rinse.

Dog shit in shoes makes me cry. Dog shit in school shoes at 8.40am makes me apoplectic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now