Talk

Advanced search

All of my dogs are ill :(

(8 Posts)
D0oinMeCleanin Fri 16-Nov-12 10:29:28

Do I still take them out or let them rest for the day?

Puppy was sick a few times yesterday, has kept breakfast down this morning and is drinking fine, but still really quiet and looking sorry for himself.

Devil Dog was sick over night, has not touched his breakfast and has not yet gotten out of bed.

Whippy has eaten some breakfast and took herself off to bed with puppy.

My Dad's dogs all had this a few days ago, he says it's just a 48 hour thing and there is no need to rush them all to the vets (he knows me so well, we'd have been there yesterday and this morning grin) He thinks it must be something they've picked up at the beach.

They're all up to date with vax so I am not worried about Parvo or distemper. They're all drinking okay, all have cold, wet noses and clear eyes, they're just quiet and off food.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 16-Nov-12 10:37:11

Aw Bless Them.

Luckily you know what the trouble is (hopefully) if your dad's dogs have had the same (I'm assuming they are back to normal now)

Are the dogs all lieing (or lying) there , looking up at you with the white bits on their eyes showing at the bottom lid (Oh, I'm not well look after me, I'm your Baby Waby ) grin

Lots of antibacterial wipes and binbags for the unavoidable accidents.

Good Luck wink

Aquelven Fri 16-Nov-12 10:39:28

Don't take them out.
Apart from needing rest to recover, their immunity will be down & they could easily get a secondary infection.
Just think of how much you'd want to go jogging in the cold if you had flu or a bad stomach bug.
Hope they're soon all on the mend.

D0oinMeCleanin Fri 16-Nov-12 10:45:03

They're all upstairs hmm, apparently my bed is cosiest. They've already been sick on my duvet once. The bed is now covered with fleecy throws that will be easy to wash.

Devil Dog is a loner and is in his own bed on the landing.

Ephiny Fri 16-Nov-12 14:30:37

I would probably let them rest, unless they were 'asking' to go out.

EasyToEatTiger Fri 16-Nov-12 16:36:19

Dogs do get nasty bugs like we do. One of ours was very sorry for himself a while ago. It is sad to see dogs looking unwell and sorry for themselves. They should be ok not eating for a couple of days. As long as they are drinking. I hope they are better soon.

HoneyDragon Fri 16-Nov-12 17:04:28

There has been some sort of doggy tummy bug down our way of late. Perhaps its all over?

laptopcomputer Fri 16-Nov-12 17:07:02

There has been a doggy tummy bug rund my way as well, last week. they all seem ok after 48 hours. Hope yours are ok smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now