Talk

Advanced search

Reflective flashing collars

(6 Posts)
frazzled123 Thu 15-Nov-12 14:08:58

Got two dogs, six year old hairy yeti terrier amd five month old smooth coated pup. Smooth coat no prob, but find with hairy dogs the flashing collar for those dusk walks aren't that visible. Anyone any suggestions or advice?

Startail Thu 15-Nov-12 14:19:23

Depends where you walk and if they are on leads.

On our rural lanes you assume most people out walking in bad light have dogs with them so if you are clearly visible, I'll be looking out for your dogs too.

I guess if your in an area where people are walking home and to the shops or the dogs are off the lead and run a long way from you making the dogs visable would be more of an issue.

SpicyPear Thu 15-Nov-12 16:18:20

High vis vest?

Cuebill Thu 15-Nov-12 17:24:16

There are loads of reflective and flashing light dog coats or harnesses. Great for the very hairy dogs.

here are some scroll down for the coats

EasyToEatTiger Thu 15-Nov-12 20:00:00

We have hairy dogs too. One of them wears a flashing collar which is ok. We also have a hi viz harness. We have had the cheap dayglo coats, but they were rubbish and fell off and were probably dangerous. It depends on whether you need to see where your dog is or you want your dog to be seen.

frazzled123 Thu 15-Nov-12 20:58:29

After I posted, a friend suggested a clip on bike light to put on the collar. She's used lots of different types and said they were best. Am going to give it a go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now