Talk

Advanced search

When the lights catch my dog's eyes, it looks as if he has photographic "redeye"

(5 Posts)
TheCatInTheHairnet Thu 15-Nov-12 01:31:55

Is that normal? He's 2 1/2 and I've never noticed it in him before. However, we only moved into this house recently, so not sure if it's the light reflecting off this "lovely" wallpaper or something else.

We're seeing the vet anyway on Friday for his annual shots, but just wondered if anyone else had this.

Aquelven Thu 15-Nov-12 09:22:29

Do you mean in the dark when a light happens to catch thrit eyes!
If do that's normal.

It's a fact well known amongst Yorkie breeders/showers. You can actually tell if a puppy is going to have a good, silky show coat or a difficult cotton coat by the colour that reflects back from their retina, depending on whether it's red or green.

Aquelven Thu 15-Nov-12 09:23:09

Their eyes blush

D0oinMeCleanin Thu 15-Nov-12 09:25:38

The dog I looked after for a night had that in one eye. It's how her owner proved the dog was hers to me. Instead of a brief description she just said "If it's my dog she will have a glowing eye"

She had a very silky coat.

I never asked what it was but her owner didn't seem concerned about it.

Mine has a gold eye shine. I always thought that all animals had it. It does make them look quite creepy in the dark.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now