Talk

Advanced search

is this just dreaming or something to worry about?

(3 Posts)
BooyhooRemembering Sun 04-Nov-12 01:10:16

DDog does this thing when he's sleeping where he will start breathing very fast for a short period. i thought nothing of it, put it down to dreams but just now he was sleeping and i had my feet resting on him (he's big) and he started the really fast breathing but his heart started beating really fast too. it only lasted for about 10-15 seconds and then settled when the breathing slowed again but was a bit irregular. is that normal or should i get him checked out? otherwise he seems perfectly healthy and he's only 2.

Nigglenaggle Sun 04-Nov-12 20:31:40

It's worth getting a vet to listen to his heart, when it's convenient for you, just to make sure, but it sounds like he's dreaming so don't lose too much sleep over it yourself smile

Isandri Tue 06-Nov-12 16:18:45

If my dog is having a very good dream where he's chasing something his heart races, his paws all move and he makes any combinations of snorts, heaving breathing or little barks. I normally quietly laugh at him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now