Talk

Advanced search

How often can I wash my bichon puppy?

(5 Posts)
Mopandbucket Wed 31-Oct-12 20:47:32

He's a bit smelly grin but dh thinks bathing can damage his skin. Ive washed him twice (1 bath a month) with diluted puppy shampoo and then dried him thoroughly with hair dryer. He's been fine and doesn't seem to mind it....

deste Wed 31-Oct-12 22:22:36

Our dog gets washed one month and cut the next by the groomer otherwise he smells.

happygardening Thu 01-Nov-12 09:07:29

The dog groomer told me I could wash my poodle with human baby shampoo as much as I liked!! The breeder who show washes hers regularly with mild human shampoo I wash mine with the baby shampoo every couple if weeks.

Mopandbucket Thu 01-Nov-12 13:01:08

That's reassuring; I just didn't want to give him dermatitis

RedwingWinter Thu 01-Nov-12 15:45:07

Dog2 gets washed every 4-6 weeks, depending how muddy he is. There is an occasional emergency wash when he's rolled in fox poo or similar.

Our husky hardly ever gets washed as it's noticeable that it strips the oil from his coat and tbh, he doesn't really need it as the mud just falls off him anyway once it's dry. Luckily he looks on with disdain when Dog2 is rolling in poo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now