Talk

Advanced search

Help with fireworks

(10 Posts)
Cuebill Wed 31-Oct-12 18:42:11

A great link here to help with fireworks.

What you can do long term, what may help if you have left the training too late etc.

Ah, thanks for this. I think I'm going to get Jas's crate back in and make him a cosy den in the living room close to the telly.

SpicyPear Wed 31-Oct-12 22:09:25

That's a great resource cuebill, thanks.

deste Wed 31-Oct-12 22:35:51

Great article, I almost bought the adaptil collar from Pets At Home yesterday for £35.00. I came home to google it and found it online including a speedy delivery for under £20.00.

1MitchellMum Thu 01-Nov-12 07:34:05

I have Zylkene in the cupboard, which worked instantly in last year's November 5th war zone.

SpicyPear Thu 01-Nov-12 09:28:36

Unfortunately Zylkene or DAP didn't work for us but a valerian based spray does really help her relax.

We are doing the ongoing training as well, but the fear is so ingrained I'm not entirely optimistic. She won't leave the house at all at the moment.

deste Sat 03-Nov-12 20:36:33

The Adaptil collar did not work for us. We have had to put the tv up to a high volume. I will have to look into Zilkene.

SpicyPear Sat 03-Nov-12 20:50:38

Well I have caved and resorted to Xanax today. I'm not happy to have to drug her, but it has helped enormously and is saving her a lot of suffering.

deste Sun 04-Nov-12 10:46:45

What is Zanax and can you buy it over the counter because I reckon we have another two nights of it.

SpicyPear Sun 04-Nov-12 17:37:33

It's a prescription only anti-anxiety medication that i got from the vet. Used in humans as well but carefully as can cause dependency.It doesn't sedate them, but calms them and has slight amnesiac qualities to reduce the after effects.

Was an absolute last resort but I am using this weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now