Talk

Advanced search

Puppy walking - harness best?

(3 Posts)
permaquandry Wed 31-Oct-12 13:46:35

Have a teeny mini schnauzer. She can go out tomo but I've tried the puppy lead and collar on her and it was fruitless as she just sits and chews lead! Should I get a harness? Thx

schoolchauffeur Wed 31-Oct-12 14:58:39

Well I would persevere with the lead/collar for a bit. Don't make a big thing of going out- get yourself ready and then just quickly clip on the lead to the collar from behind. You will find that once you are outside the distraction of the great outdoors makes her forget about the lead as she will be busy sniffing and looking at everything.
We have two schnauzers- one has lead and collar. The other has a harness as he pulls too much on the lead and has choked himself doing this so we switched to harness- but it is a nightmare to put on as he hates having a put over his head and will reverse all round the kitchen if he sees it coming towards him. But once it is on he is really co-operative, lifting up his legs to get them through the straps to go round his tummy.

fanoftheinvisibleman Wed 31-Oct-12 21:44:04

My puppy tried to chew his lead in the house but has never done it out and about. Everything is too new and exciting in the big wide world to waste time lead chewing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now