Talk

Advanced search

I was in Harrods on Sunday

(53 Posts)

And they were selling pups. Miniature Schnauzers and a fashionable cross breed. Anyone care to take a punt on the asking price?

difficultpickle Mon 29-Oct-12 19:11:15

£1500?

Keep going....

milkymocha Mon 29-Oct-12 19:14:02

I wont ruin it as i do know. How ridiculous - did you see the lady painting the dog portraits??

Floralnomad Mon 29-Oct-12 19:14:25

Last time we were up there they had Border terriers ,didn't look at the prices ,but as it cost £48 for two drinks and two ice cream sundaes in the ice cream parlour I would imagine they are quite pricey . A friend of my DH got one of his cats there , it was about £1000 , apparently . As an aside was the opera singer singing on the escalator ?

No to painter and opera singer. There was a vair posh lady asking if she could take one of the pups on a plane as hand luggage, though hmm

Lavenderhoney Mon 29-Oct-12 19:16:18

I remember when they sold exotic animals on the top floor. Lion cubs etc. Dm used to take me there, I was very small ( gimmer alert)

MikeLitorisBites Mon 29-Oct-12 19:16:54

I know some one who bought a kitten in there for £1000.

They ended up giving it to my mum for free as it destroyed their house.

More money than sense.

Whistlingwaves Mon 29-Oct-12 19:19:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Floralnomad Mon 29-Oct-12 19:22:42

Perhaps you weren't on the right escalator ! Well working on the theory that the cats are £1000 I'd say the dogs would probably be £1750 ! My DS has a Harrods loyalty card , if he ever leaves home that's probably where he would get his pets just so he could get the points.

TheCunnyFuntOfEastwick Mon 29-Oct-12 19:23:31

They have a pet shop in Harrods? I dread to asl, but where do they get them from?

There was some blurb on the wall about responsible breeders with the highest standards blah blah blah.

TheCunnyFuntOfEastwick Mon 29-Oct-12 19:27:14

Ask

I could tell you, but it would make you scream NOOOOOOOOOOO! And then faint. Probably.

TheCunnyFuntOfEastwick Mon 29-Oct-12 19:28:21

Responsible breeders of a fashionable crossbreed hmm whatever they say.

I'm guessing it was some sort of oodle?

It was a poo. Of the Cava variety.

TheCunnyFuntOfEastwick Mon 29-Oct-12 19:29:27

I reckon around 2k for the fashionable crossbreed.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 29-Oct-12 19:29:46

I saw puppies last year, pugs and poodles I think. Prices were 2k, 2.5k???? Something like that.

YY to the sign saying from the best breeders, etc. Aka, Wales's finest puppy farm I should imagine.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 29-Oct-12 19:32:13

Harrod's have a dog grooming parlour on the 4th floor don't they? Does that mean you can schlep through the doors with your muddy hound? You can't even go in with a rucksack on your shoulder!

Ok. Ready? Brace yourselves. Mini Schnauzer 2k. Cavalier/poodle cross....2.7k. That's £2700.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 29-Oct-12 19:33:51

Found it,

The Pet Spa at Harrods promises a whole menu of animal friendly services including behavioural counselling, full body massages and animal reiki as well as nutritional advice, personal training sessions and grooming. Owners can also choose from signature treatments including thalassotherapy mud baths, blueberry and vanilla facials, deluxe pedicures and even book their pets onto a full Spa Day Experience.

Sure my dog would love a full spa day. hmm

VivaLeBeaver Mon 29-Oct-12 19:35:40

OMG, the price list for the spa!

£175 for a communication session. wtf?
£125 for a grrom by to head stylist, £85 if you have a senior stylist
£125 for a massage
£495 for a home visit!!!!

My dog would eat the facial stuff.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 29-Oct-12 19:36:24

tortoise pedicures are a bargain at £29

YoureAboutToBeBittenByMe Mon 29-Oct-12 19:38:29

Is that for a tortoise giving me a pedicure or a pedicure for my tortoise?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now