Talk

Advanced search

Puppy has gone :(

(19 Posts)
D0oinMeCleanin Sat 27-Oct-12 14:06:32

This is the part of fostering I hate.

I let myself get too attached to him sad

He's only been gone since 11:30 am and I want him back already.

ruledbyheart Sat 27-Oct-12 14:09:38

Aw Dooin, that's why I couldn't foster, I fostered a cat and failed miserably.

At least you looked after him whilst he was waiting for his forever home.

pimmsgalore Sat 27-Oct-12 15:19:23

Ahh Doin have a brew and some wine later and then remember how puppy is so much happier for all you have done for him.

When are you getting your next monster as I love your stories of wayward pups smile

D0oinMeCleanin Sat 27-Oct-12 15:26:15

I'm at work later no wine sad

I don't know when the next one will arrive, it might be next week it might be months away, it just depends when cat friendlies come into the rescue.

tabulahrasa Sat 27-Oct-12 15:40:49

Aw, think how much easier he'll settle in because of all the work you put into him though and how happy his new family will be today.

RedwingWinter Sat 27-Oct-12 16:44:30

Awww. Dooin, you did a fab job with him. If he didn't go to a home, then you wouldn't have space for another foster, and there are cat-friendly dogs out there that need you! You're allowed to feel sad though.

D0oinMeCleanin Sat 27-Oct-12 17:12:19

It's only ever the mental ones I become too attached to. I spend so much time un-mentaling them that I get too involved and then hate it when they go.

The beach was very quiet today. The flying whippet decided there was no point running quite so fast.

Devil Dog is in for a shock to the system I will just have to spend all the time I spent training pup to be a civilised member of society training him to get me through me college. I have three years, but might as well start now smile

HoneyDragon Sat 27-Oct-12 18:23:59

Aaaaw Dooin smile, you've done something wonderful. Well done.

It's your dh I feel sorry for sad what will he find to moan about now? wink

Rhinestone Sat 27-Oct-12 19:30:37

Well done, you're done something wonderful.

And when you're over the initial sadness be happy that you've created a vacancy for another foster dog who needs you!

Also go and read the second to last paragraph (think it's that one) of 'Call of the Wild' - it's basically saying that dogs never forget a human they've loved and D0oinPup will give up the odd howl for you for the rest of his / her life.

D0oinMeCleanin Sun 28-Oct-12 21:40:34

It didn't work out. He is back at home waiting for me to finish work so we can do our specoal cuddle.

I am devestated for his sake. He really deserves a home but I am must admit I am not crying into my coffee over him being back, DH otoh.... grin

safflower Mon 29-Oct-12 08:12:12

They only kept him for a day?? And then said it didn't work out? Omg.

HoneyDragon Mon 29-Oct-12 08:16:18

sad poor pup.

Gorran Mon 29-Oct-12 08:24:18

They gave it a day to say it didn't work out? What happened? Glad you've got him back for a while though!

Rhinestone Mon 29-Oct-12 08:32:48

OMG what happened?? I sense a failed foster coming on... grin

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 29-Oct-12 09:41:17

He did his crazy bouncy-nippy thing to her when she was walking him. She felt awful about it and admitted herself that she hadn't given enough him time but really felt as though she could not cope with him. I got the feeling she was a little scared of him. It can bloody hurt when he nips, he is only playing but I can see how it could be scary if you are not used to dogs.

They always try and send fosters back their original foster home if things don't work out so they at least have some kind of continuity, although him coming back here was never not an option. He is welcome here anytime, even if a home should fail ten years down the line. He is my dog now. I'll lend him to people if I have to but he's still mine wink

I had a bit of a nightmare trying to arrange for him to come back. I was at work, DH was out and has drowned his phone so I didn't know when he was going to be back and the poor girl felt bringing him back last night would be the best thing to do. It's not really my job to sort things like that out, it's the rescues, but you me I'm a big softy and felt sorry for her so had to help blush

I got my Dad to take him in for a few hours in the end until I found DH, DH was less than happy.

Gorran Mon 29-Oct-12 16:54:02

Oh no, what a shame. So lucky he's got you.

<whispers> Keeeeeeeep him, keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep him....

TheCunnyFuntOfEastwick Mon 29-Oct-12 17:49:36

Oh bless him. Sad that it didn't work out but even worse that he was only there a day!

Well, to save him anymore stress from being passed from pillar to post you'll just have to keep him now wink <innocent whistle>

RedwingWinter Mon 29-Oct-12 20:07:20

After one day?! I hate when people do that.

Probably on another forum somewhere there is a thread about 'my new puppy tried to bite me' 'fgs get rid before it eats your kids'.

The new temporary-owner obviously hadn't thought it through. At least they got it from a place it could go back to. I'm glad you could take him back, Dooin, so at least he doesn't have too much disruption in his life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now