Talk

Advanced search

paw pad kind of swollen and raw, cant put weight on it.

(4 Posts)
ditavonteesed Thu 25-Oct-12 07:50:24

Its kind of swollen at one side and really aw looking, nonw of the lack that covers the pad iyswim. I am about to bathe in salt water, thing is we are at the vets tommorow anyway for injections, can it wait till then or do we need to go to thhe vets today?

Nuttyfilly Thu 25-Oct-12 10:58:27

Sounds like an infection! Soak in Luke warm salty water to help ease it, your dog should be ok to hold out for vet tomorrow, soak the foot 3/4 times a day.
Have you checked to see if there is a thorn or glass or other foreign object there? When I say soak I mean imererce the foot in the water for a good 10 mins depending on yours and dogs patients.
Hope this helps, mine have had poorly paws a few times from racing round the farm and in and out hedges,
But if you are in any doubt ring the vet.

ditavonteesed Thu 25-Oct-12 11:33:52

thanks, I took him, he seemed so fed up about it, has an infection and she couldnt find anything in it, if it isnt better on mon when we go back he will have to have anesthetic to check if anything is right inside. Poor boy is not happy and neither will Cherry be if I end up putting the e collar on him.

Nuttyfilly Thu 25-Oct-12 11:36:31

Ah bless, it must throb poor pup, get well soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now