Talk

Advanced search

Why does my 7 year old spayed Labrador bitch keep humping ny teenage daughter's bed covers??!!!

(7 Posts)
KrispyCakehead Tue 23-Oct-12 21:53:57

She is otherwise completely asexual... Doesn't even allow other dogs to give her bottom a passing friendly sniff!

But she keeps jumping up on 13 year old DD's bed and humping her One Direction duvet for all she's worth! I am somewhat perturbed and so is DD! [Shock]

Could it be something to do with DD's puberty hormones.. or pheromones.. or something??!

crispycake Tue 23-Oct-12 22:49:25

This made me laugh as your dog sounds like ours.

She's a staff, doesn't like dogs sniffing at her bottom at all, she's 11 and every time dp gets on the floor to play with her rope bone, ball etc she suddenly gets this look in her eye and starts humping his arm! smile

She kind of looks like she's enjoying but on the other hand she looks embarrassed too! After she's finished smile she quietly goes back to bed!

I find it haillarious smile untill she does it too me

Sorry I haven't helped you just thought I'd share!

crispycake Tue 23-Oct-12 22:51:24

Should add that dp gets on the floor to play tug a war with her rope bone with said doggy and not by himself grin

SrirachaGhoul Tue 23-Oct-12 23:11:13

Must be something to do with the One Direction duvet.

Goldmandra Wed 24-Oct-12 11:01:21

Our 10mth old spayed puppy does this if we leave our sleeping bags which pack into small compact rolls lying around.

Our JRT neutered dog tries to hump her quite often so I was wondering if the two were connected. Can it be a dominance thing?

KrispyCakehead Wed 24-Oct-12 21:38:50

Thanks for the input. Well I googled and think the most likely explanation at least for my dog is overstimulation and/or stress related when DD shuts her in her room when she'd rather not be in there. So I've asked DD not to...

DD seems not to have noted the irony re the 1Direction duvet.. :P

digerd Sun 28-Oct-12 21:16:31

I had 2 female dogs unspayed, as I wanted them both to have one litter . When it came to that fertile week, the one in season was humped by the other, and VV. Then soon they were in season always together. But neither did it when not in season, or humped anything else. We had long ago, a sole female who each " season" madly humped a cushion for a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now