Talk

Advanced search

Senior dog -time for her to go.

(11 Posts)

Very sad today. Senior dog is on her way to the vets, DH is taking her whilst I stay in with the boys. She's been I'll for ages and has lost all her weight, muscle tone and condition, she started passing blood yesterday.

So lucky that our vets are our my aunt and uncle so we know senior dogs has the best treatment possible.

Not much else to add except that we're all very sad, we've had her nearly 12 years, he was a rescue pup when we got her. Now she's a very old lady.

Toughasoldboots Sat 20-Oct-12 12:19:33

sad sorry, you are losing a part of your family. I hope that you take comfort from the fact that you gave a rescue dog a lovely life that she wouldn't have had otherwise.
She will be well looked after as she passes away too.

LST Sat 20-Oct-12 12:19:49

Awh sad It's so so sad.

Well she did have a tumour, my Aunt could feel it now. So we did the right thing, but still so sad. We've buried her at me parents farm and planted lots of spring bulbs in her 'patch'.

zombieplanmum Sat 20-Oct-12 16:33:33

oh so sorry for you, its such a heart rending time. Focus on the lovely memories you have xx

Lougle Sat 20-Oct-12 16:37:43

Poor you sad Glad you had the chance to make that decision yourselves. I had to take my Mum& Dad's GSD to the vet because he was off-colour, and 20 minutes later was telling my Dad that we had to get him in to say goodbye sad He had a massive bleeding tumour.

RedwingWinter Sat 20-Oct-12 16:52:15

I'm so sorry for your loss sad

bassetfeet Sat 20-Oct-12 17:03:06

So sorry to read this oscar. Hope you and your family are coping ok .
But keep close to your heart that your much loved dog had a wonderful life with you and had the kindest care at the end . It hurts so much though I know .

I love the fact you have her buried with family and have planted bulbs for the spring . Perfect . You will get great joy amongst the sadness when they bloom .
I planted bulbs randomly around my dogs walks [secretly of course blush ]...on the river walk and woodland paths . And smile now years later to see the daffs and snowdrops bloom in very unlikely places [no doubt to be peed on but that is fine by me ].
talk about her a lot and be proud of rescuing her and giving her a fine life .

Avago Sat 20-Oct-12 21:14:39

So sorry for your loss sad

zonedout Sat 20-Oct-12 21:40:55

So very sorry sad

All a bit less raw today, I keep walking over her, where she used to lie on her pillow next to my bed, but at least I know she's not in pain now. We buried her on her pillow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now