Talk

Advanced search

puppy has just been sick...do i feed him supper later or not?

(3 Posts)
fanoftheinvisibleman Thu 18-Oct-12 19:20:19

I have an 11 week old puppy. He seems ok in himself, he is lively enough running around trying to catch his own tail but was sick twice in the space of 10 minutes earlier.

Obviously I'll take him to the vets if this continues tomorrow but I think it could be down to one too many treats today. I maybe got a little carried away by the fact he has learnt 'lie down'. I mainly use his kibble or chicken as he seems to have a delicate tummy at the best of times but a friend bought him a bag of treats and he's been ok on the odd couple but he has probably had 6 or 7 today.

What's the best thing to do about his supper though? Should I offer it to him or not?

EasyToEatTiger Thu 18-Oct-12 19:53:55

Give him a little bit and if he eats it, that's fine. If he leaves it, don't try to juice it up with treats or gravy. He will be fine until the morning. It's important to check what comes out the other end. If he is drinking, then leave it. You can check his gums by holding his mouth, lifting the upper lip and pressing lightly. The gums start pink and should go pale when you press them and return quite quickly to their original colour.
It is very important to get your pup used to being handled. Be gentle!

fanoftheinvisibleman Thu 18-Oct-12 20:00:34

Thanks EasyToEatTiger. I worry so much about him (scarily I'm really laid back when ds is ill!).

His poo has been normal though he does suffer from a delicate tummy at times. He got terrible runs when I tried to change his food despite doing it over 6 days. He ended up back on the original one and I daren't try changing it at the moment despite it not being what I'd choose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now