Talk

Advanced search

Walking with dogs BBC2. Got something in my eye...

(17 Posts)
Arseface Mon 15-Oct-12 22:12:51

Gulp!
Tough day at work, hugely pregnant, DH working late, kids in bed and stumbled on it accidentally.

sob.

horsemadmom Mon 15-Oct-12 23:25:05

How they managed to film the people we walk with EVERY day and my madlab and I were never in shot....All very nice people. Although, Shiela really is nuts.

LadyTurmoil Mon 15-Oct-12 23:33:38

Wasn't it lovely! Thought it was great that Gilly was able to keep her Weimeraner in the hostel, don't think there's many places that let people keep their dogs in such situations. Great programme

greeneyed Tue 16-Oct-12 08:17:46

Dogs don't judge, they just love

stowsettler Tue 16-Oct-12 10:42:05

I recorded this. Sort of can't wait to watch it, but dreading it as I'm guaranteed to be a snivelling mess by 10 minutes in.

suburbandream Tue 16-Oct-12 11:01:33

What a brilliant programme, we also stumbled on it by chance. Sad, funny, thought-provoking, loved the music too. I must admit I winced when the little boy was blowing his plastic flute thing right by the dogue de bordeaux's ear though!!

zonedout Tue 16-Oct-12 11:19:42

horsemadmim, do I know you?! grin

zonedout Tue 16-Oct-12 11:20:06

Mom, even blush

Inneedofbrandy Tue 16-Oct-12 11:24:00

IU watched this and had tears in my eyes, yet I actually can't stand dogs. Was a lovely poignent program.

Just watching this on iPlayer.

OldBagWantsNewBag Tue 16-Oct-12 14:55:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I loved the masculine Frenchman with his bichon frise. And his lackey who was following behind picking up the poo grin <need me one of those>

OwlLady Tue 16-Oct-12 18:01:43

this has to have been the best documentary in YEARS surely
I loved it.

I am going to come back to this thread!

I loved Nigel the dog, I loved the way he said the dog may have been a rescue dog, be he had rescued them sad smile and all those people who seemed to have a dog when something traumatic or a huge change in their lives were due. Dogs, they are more than just animals arent they?

loved posh margot and her friend sue

OwlLady Tue 16-Oct-12 18:02:30

and Gilly, I worry about Gilly. I wanted to scoop her up and let her live in my spare room (I don't have one though but ykwim)

horsemadmom Tue 16-Oct-12 19:11:17

Hi Zonedout-
I've got a huge yellow lab. Total lunatic. What do you walk? Had usual coffee with David and Nelly this morning. We worked out that the filming was done while MadLab was in the cone of shame and restricted to supervised abling in the garden.

zonedout Tue 16-Oct-12 22:04:35

Hi horsemad... Not sure I can figure out who you are... I walk a very elderly standard schnauzer so we walk very slowly and don't get so far these days.

grin at cone of shame, poor dog. I think I was out that day as I remember the body incident. Used to walk with Margot all the time pre dc... That woman is amazing, she is well into her 80's and looks barely 60. Bright as a button & puts my rusty old brain to shame.

horsemadmom Tue 16-Oct-12 23:17:11

She and Sue are so nice. They are out no matter how badly it is chucking it down. I'll keep an eye out for you now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now