Talk

Advanced search

I'm being a bit of a twat....

(12 Posts)
HoneyDragon Thu 11-Oct-12 18:15:10

I keep losing Hully to people with ball wangers. She loves them. Brilliant as if I get wanger have top toy for training aid, as she is obsessed.

So I got Dragon dog's wanger out the loft.

Last time it was used was to wang the ball for dragon dog. Dragon dog fetched ball, collapsed, and was dead within the hour. sad

Hully will love it. It's sat on the counter and I keep welling up. I know logically I can't withold it from my dog, and it's a joy to watch her....when other people are using them for her.

I know I am not being logical. But I have to take dog, ball and wanger to the same field.

Please shout at me to buck up and stop being a wanker sad

WereTricksPotter Thu 11-Oct-12 18:23:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rhinestone Thu 11-Oct-12 18:23:40

Think of it as a lovely way to 'introduce' your two dogs to each other!

Dogs aren't selfish. I'm sure Dragon Dog will be sat in that field next to the Rainbow Bridge, watching with delight that another dog is enjoying his / her old toy.

HoneyDragon Thu 11-Oct-12 18:24:17

I can't. I hate waste!

I just feel so stupid for not wanting to use it. Thank you for thinking I'm not stupid smile

HoneyDragon Thu 11-Oct-12 18:25:22

<<wibbles (nice wibble) a bit at Rhinestones post>>

WereTricksPotter Thu 11-Oct-12 18:27:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ditavonteesed Thu 11-Oct-12 18:28:33

you need this you are so not a wanger wanker smile things have meaning.

tabulahrasa Thu 11-Oct-12 18:30:01

I'd buy a new one... It's not a waste.

BrianCoxIsUpTheDuff Thu 11-Oct-12 18:31:01

My mum and dad have kept all the collars/leads of dogs since passed. (admittedly it is 3 dogs, so not like they have a rack of woe)

Last dog, Stan, was PTS 18 months ago. I had to take him, with my brother, as parents were on holiday. One, if not the most horrible thing I have ever had to do sad

It was so sad, makes me choke back tears to think of it even now.

I may have taken Stan's collar and gifted it to my dog, she didn't need a collar, but I love seeing her wear it, a bit of a tribute to a very great dog.

Maybe, by allowing Hully a chance to enjoy Dragon Dog's toy, you can feel a bit of comfort?

Of course, if not, then you put it back in the loft and go and buy Hully another wanger.

<slopes off with pg hormones and has a silent cry>

wildfig Thu 11-Oct-12 18:32:34

You're not being at all a twat. Give the old wanger to your local rescue place. Lots of dogs there will enjoy it and it won't be wasted. Buy a new wanger for Hully.

HoneyDragon Thu 11-Oct-12 19:17:10

We buried Dragon Dog with SlingShot Tugduck who was her most favourite toy.

Thanks guys. I already feel a bit better knowing others get where I'm coming from. I know it's not the wanger that killed her, and that it's not my fault she died but I only know it in my head.

Dh has said the same as you Brian. That once I use it, I'll enjoy it again and it will remind me of happier times. rather than just one bad time.

IllageVidiot Sat 13-Oct-12 00:43:24

I was going to try and say something comforting but I'm now wailing at SlingShot Tugduck.

We had a Mr Ducky that was beloved (we had more than one actually) and one was buried with wonderful dog, one fell on me from the cupboard afterward and was picked up by puppydog just like wonderful dog did - I had to firmly restrain myself from swiping it back. I nearly stole it away that night but actually it's been a wonderful way to be able to think about the both of them without missing her so much I cry.

I still struggle with feeling guilty about things that rationally could not have been any different at all. My head knows this, my wonderfuldog shaped aching hole doesn't apparently!

I may have been a dick about the duck but you are not a wanger wanker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now