Talk

Advanced search

He didn't eat yesterday ... Worried

(6 Posts)
Madondogs Thu 11-Oct-12 07:09:31

Hi Ddog 1, 7 year old golden retriever,no health problems.

He has had a rumbly tummy the last few days, but other than that well, poo normal,plenty of energy,gums and tounge pink.

However yesterday he did not eat a single thing, despite being tempted with his favourite treats.

This morning he seems ok, nose is a bit dry and his tummy is making some strange bagpipe noises.

I am worried, will probably take to vets later on. Any ideas what could be wrong? Lots of reassurance would be great too...terrible worrier.

Madondogs Thu 11-Oct-12 07:32:13

Anyone up?

Could he have eaten something he shouldn't have on a walk? My dog snaffles all kinds of 'goodies' <boak>

Madondogs Thu 11-Oct-12 08:36:11

Don't think so Chickens, he is not very food orientated and I have never seen him eat anything revolting. He was eating grass in the garden this morning.

He is looking very sorry for himself, so I have decided to take him to the vets this morning, he is obviously in some sort of discomfort.

Thanks for replying, I worry so much about my dogs.

How did you get on, Mad?

Madondogs Thu 11-Oct-12 11:18:26

Back from vets. He had a thorough examination,colour, temperature normal. Not dehydrated, lymph nodes normal, stomach, liver and kidneys feel fine.

? Colitis of unknown origin, he is very gassy. We did change their kibble a few weeks ago and vet said could be that. Said to observe for today, obviously go back if gets worse.

He is such a gorgeous dog, and I love him so much! I am a terrible worrier ...much worse with the dogs than the children, I seem to have more common sense then.

Thanks so much for posting back, I felt I needed some hand holding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now