Talk

Advanced search

DDog scratching all the time...

(4 Posts)
AnonymousBird Mon 08-Oct-12 09:18:58

DDog is a 4yo female lab, in good health and shape etc. Food unchanged for years. Last week or two she has been moulting like mad. Also scratching the whole time, especially around neck/ears etc. I've examined her very closely and there is no sign of any infestation or skin problem.

Could the moulting make her extra itchy? She moults regularly all the flippin time and I've never seen her scratch away like this.... just had to go to the vet about something else and it is so damned expensive, can't face going again unless really necessary. I brush her regularly, though there seems to be no end to the volume of hair coming out of her at the moment....

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 08-Oct-12 09:22:44

We had this problem with our Lab and were advised to put some rock sulphur in his drinking water and the result has been little short of miraculous. There is loads of info on it if you Google it.

AnonymousBird Mon 08-Oct-12 09:33:29

Oo, is that the same rock that stops their wee burning the grass? Thanks very much for the tip - I will most certainly look into it. She scratches a bit, like any dog, collar a bit annoying, just general scratch-age. But the last couple of weeks has been markedly more than normal, so I am prepared to give this a go!

Thanks! <googling as we speak....>

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 08-Oct-12 09:50:09

I think it is. It also turns their poo bright yellow should they decide to eat it but it is harmless if digested (which is always good with Labs). We had got to the stage with my fella where we couldn't even touch him as it irritated him so much but this stuff has really sorted him out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now