Talk

Advanced search

Need a new dog bed...

(6 Posts)
MumOfTheMoos Thu 04-Oct-12 18:02:27

Has anybody got any recommendations? It's going to sit in a pretty visible part of our open plan living/kitchen/dining room so has to look smart.

The doggie in question is a long legged 25kg lab/staffie cross. She only uses it occasionally as she prefers to sleep on our bed at night. blush

Was wondering about a memory foam bed (we have a mattress); does anyone have any views? Might encourage greater use. The current bed is a floppy square fusion with a manly blanket and looks awful!

saintmerryweather Sat 06-Oct-12 15:02:47

I've been looking for a new bed for my dog for aaages, she's getting on a bit so i wanted an extra comfy one for her. Have bought her one of these from pets at home http://www.petsathome.com/shop/black-poppy-large-mattress-by-pets-at-home-81503?cm_re=barilliance-_-up sell-_-product details and she absolutely loves it. My dog is smaller so I only needed the medium one, but for £15 - £20 you couldnt go far wrong with it. Mine is brown and cream sort of colour which they dont have on the website

Aquelven Sun 07-Oct-12 11:10:45

I got a lovely, comfy squashy one this week from The Works of all places!
You know, the cut price book shop? Was walking past a branch & they had a tub outside with them in. £5.99 each. Exactly like ones I've bought from pet shops for £20+.

pud1 Sun 07-Oct-12 11:14:27

I got a nice one from tk max yesterday. I have a boxer and it's a nice size for him. They had quite a few so might be worth a look

Aquelven Sun 07-Oct-12 17:11:23

I'd forgotten about TKMaxx.
I buy lots of pet stuff from there. Last time I was in they had lots of beds, all shapes & sizes.

MumOfTheMoos Sun 07-Oct-12 20:58:22

I had no idea TK max did pet stuff - there's a new one opening up near me any day now, so I will pop along and have a look - thsnks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now