Talk

Advanced search

I have to say goodbye and I can't

(8 Posts)
Binkyridesagain Wed 03-Oct-12 15:58:01

My beautiful, intelligent, funny, bloody stubborn Border Collie has just bitten me, not enough to break the skin but enough for it to hurt.
He's 15 years old, he's losing his sight and hearing, he has moments where he's absent, his organs are failing and takes Metacam everyday so he's comfortable.
I've told him that it's time, he doesn't need to look after us anymore, his job is done, but the stubborn git won't leave us.
But now he has given me no choice, he's dangerous and I can't let him live this life anymore. And it's breaking my heart, my DH is away ATM so I'm on my own wanting desperately for someone to hug me but I have to wait.
Why can't he just go to sleep.

OhChristFENTON Wed 03-Oct-12 16:00:01

I'm so, so sorry sad

{{hug}}

Don't know what else to say, but I remember how hard it is.

bumpybecky Wed 03-Oct-12 17:01:15

(((binky))) I'm so sorry sad how long until DH gets back?

Oh I am so sorry sad How heartbreaking for you.

Binkyridesagain Wed 03-Oct-12 17:24:19

DH is back on Friday, I will hopefully talk to him tonight about it, I won't do anything without him here, he has to say goodbye.

I have to go to a&e, I think the dog might have broken a bone in my hand when he bit me.

This day is not going to get any better but your messages haven aide it a little easier to deal with

AgathaFusty Wed 03-Oct-12 18:01:50

Oh my goodness, I'm so, so sorry for you and your lovely dog. As a loving and responsible owner, you know when to do the right thing.

Binky, why don't you ring your vet and ask for advice? They might offer to come out to you and make the whole process easier. I hope your hand isn't broken sad

Binkyridesagain Wed 03-Oct-12 20:02:32

I'm back from a&e, thankfully nothing is broken, just bruised.

DH will now be back tomorrow, we have just spoken on the phone but he was reluctant to say anything about the dog, so I will make sure that we have a 1to 1 tomorrow about it, this is not something that can be put on hold, it's not fair on my dog and its not fair on the rest of the family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now