Talk

Advanced search

Rescue KCK spaniel

(5 Posts)
puffinnuffin Sat 29-Sep-12 14:08:48

Does anyone have any experience of talking on a rescue King Charles Cavalier dog?

I am currently fostering a King Charles and he is a dear little dog. His owner will want him back though! From my experience they all seem to have a similar sweet personalities.
I have found a few in rescue and they are all ex breeding dogs who have been dumped and have problems such as heart murmers etc. Many don't know how to walk on a lead or aren't house trained. Has anyone ever taken on a dog like this and was it a positive experience for the dog, you and your family?

ThatVikRinA22 Sat 29-Sep-12 14:14:23

yes!

my first pup was CKC and i then rescued one at 6 months who was not lead or house trained.

she was very easy to train. very easy. they want to please and are the sweetest little dogs ever,

ftr they all have heart murmurs because the very first breeding pair had them - its not a problem with mine at the min and as they age they can take meds to help control it.

i only have one left as i lost my little boy aged 10, from heart problems, but he went very quickly and had never had any issues prior to the 10 days before he died.

my little girlie is now 8 years old but fit as a fiddle. she doesnt know she is 8! she still thinks she is a pup.

for house training i just crated her for the first few nights, after this she understood and has honestly never ever slipped up in the house since.

she was very nervous when we got her as she had been mistreated, had never seen another dog, had never walked on a lead.

she was so easy to train and so quick to pick it all up. within days she was off the lead in the park and came to recall with only a little training with treats.

adopt one - you wont regret it at all.

goshandspecs Sat 29-Sep-12 15:39:47

www.cavaliers.co.uk/forums/

www.puppylovecampaigns.org/news.shtml

SuperB0F Sat 29-Sep-12 15:41:24

I agree with Vicar- they have the sweetest natures of all dogs, and would love you to death.

OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 29-Sep-12 16:07:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now