Talk

Advanced search

I taught my dog to 'put it away'

(4 Posts)

Was very pleased with myself. He will now fetch his toys and drop them in/near his basket as long as he has treats and the basket is at my feet. Brilliant. Except today on our walk he decided to bring me all of the manky old plastic bottles he could find and drop them at my feet. If I moved, he moved the bottles. I ended up juggling bottles all the way home, and if I dropped one, he dutifully fetched it and dropped it at my feet. It looked like I was either littering on purpose but getting owned by my dog, or an insane sugar fiend. Any other tricks I should definitely not teach him?

...And I ended up carting even more plastic to the litter bin by the school <cries>

pimmsgalore Tue 25-Sep-12 16:08:55

I taught mine to "put it away" but that was before he was castrated and had a whole different meaning to you grin

Don't teach bang (which means rolls over and play dead) mine loves this so much that wherever you are if you say down he plays dead (even in a big puddle thus getting wet from head to toe). Also not good as we live near an army camp and whenever they are firing my dog hears the bang and plays dead

topsi Thu 27-Sep-12 08:09:00

wish I could teach my un neutered male dog to 'put it away'! Thats what I thought the thread was going to be about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now