Talk

Advanced search

Papillons - anyone have / had one?

(7 Posts)
saintmerryweather Sun 23-Sep-12 13:18:37

I'm a bit in love with papillons and would love to get one (sadly not in a position to get a dog at the moment) but can't find much about what its like to actually live with one. does anyone have any good or bad experiences to share?

MothershipG Mon 24-Sep-12 11:11:44

I don't have one of my own (yet! grin) but I would love one. My friend has one who is a fab little dog, easy going, friendly, thinks it's a collie as it lives with 3. In fact they are sometimes described as mini-collies and are popular in the mini-agility world - which is one of the reasons why I want one.

Are you anywhere near London? Discover Dogs is on in November which is a great place to meet different breeds and chat to their owners.

MothershipG Mon 24-Sep-12 11:22:19

Saint Just noticed on another thread that you are interested in showing, my friend has shown her's a little bit and said that the Pap crowd were very friendly and approachable - a definite plus in the world of showing!

saintmerryweather Mon 24-Sep-12 19:57:47

that would be a plus lol my mums breedare all very judgy and dont seem too pleasant. agility is my bag but my old bitch was never as interested as i was in it! have got the yound dog to train up now but i just love watching paps fly round the course!

MothershipG Tue 25-Sep-12 08:29:47

Oooooh! Saint I'm with you! I love watching them do agility! I run one of my Affens and he's not bad but he doesn't exactly fly, and really he does it because he loves me not because he loves agility, bless him. smile

Really can't have another dog now, but one day....

saintmerryweather Tue 25-Sep-12 12:04:48

your affen sounds like my girl, she will get a shift on if she has to (she cant half run) but normally she trots or canters slowly round the course! still, an agility pap is the dream

MothershipG Tue 25-Sep-12 12:11:40

Yes! grin and no way is he interested if it's raining, and if it's too sunny he prefers the shade under the a-frame and sometimes the view from up there is so interesting he has to stop to enjoy it for a while....

What breed is your dog? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now