Talk

Advanced search

Thank you D0oinMeCleanin you saved my dog!!

(6 Posts)
gymmummy64 Sat 22-Sep-12 20:16:06

thanks thanks thanks
On another thread where I was asking for advice on my gorgeous Dogs Trust dog that we got on Tuesday, Cleanin yesterday suggested a different interpretation of what Dogs Trust had said about when to start training. She suggested starting with basics right away rather than wait a couple of weeks.

So yesterday after reading her comment I went out, got some doggy sausages and did a really successful session in the afternoon of recall training using a long lead and DD2. My lovely dog didn't even know his name until this point.

That evening DP took dog into the garden for his final wee. I reminded him for the nth time that I was concerned about a part of the fence that I thought the dog could jump over if he really wanted. Dozy DP wasn't concentrating, dog heard some nocturnal creature and sailed over the fence into next door. Then over next door's wall and then into the very large allotments behind the house.

As soon as I heard DPs cries of anguish I rushed out with my doggy sausages and called him back (dog, not DP). AND HE CAME!!! Despite all the distractions of the allotments, he came back! I honestly don't think that would have happened if I'd not done the training that afternoon - I could have called his name all night but it wouldn't have meant anything to him.

Thank you Cleanin, thank you!

tooearlytobeup Sat 22-Sep-12 20:44:38

Aww thats fantastic! So glad he came back to you and is safe

NotMostPeople Sat 22-Sep-12 20:46:18

Excellent

RedwingWinter Sat 22-Sep-12 20:52:50

That's great! Well done, Dooin and gymmummy!!

TheOneWithTheHair Sat 22-Sep-12 20:57:12

What a brilliant thing to post. Well done D0oin and well done to you to gymmummy64. smile

D0oinMeCleanin Sat 22-Sep-12 21:08:20

blush Well done you. You put the work in. I am so glad your dog came back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now