Talk

Advanced search

Hmmn, should I take her to the Vet?

(5 Posts)
SwearyMary Wed 19-Oct-11 10:37:02

My puppy seems to have very messy eyes. They aren't red or crusted when she wakes but she gets quite a lot of 'sleep' . She isn't fussed by it at all and doesn't actually notice. I'm wiping her eyes with salt water to remove the 'sleep' a few times a day. Does she need to see the vet? Could this be an infection? The whites of her eyes are very white and clear, she is very well in herself.

daisydotandgertie Wed 19-Oct-11 11:17:46

What colour is the sleep? It sounds as though it should be a sort of clear, beigy colour.

If it is, I doubt there's an infection she just has sleepy eyes. One of our puppies has the same thing.

If it is yellow or green, then take her to the vet.

What breed is she? Some breeds have weepier eyes than others.

SwearyMary Wed 19-Oct-11 18:03:14

Its not yellow or green, its beigy really but seems quite dark. She is a Lab/Collie cross.

Am I encouraging her to produce more by wiping it away? I just feel it spoils her pretty face!

hellhasnofury Wed 19-Oct-11 18:05:41

My dog's a black lab and his sleep is dark coloured. He often has some in the corner of his eye so it might well be normal for her.

SwearyMary Wed 19-Oct-11 19:47:13

Thank you both, I shall worry no longer about my pfb puppy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now