Talk

Advanced search

Neighbour's crying dog. What can I suggest?

(3 Posts)
belindarose Wed 19-Oct-11 08:47:24

I don't know my joined on neighbours very well. They're pleasant and we say hello, but are in and out at different times and don't see each other really.

They have a one year old cocker spaniel who belongs to their adult daughter I think. It sleeps at theirs about half the week. I'd never noticed this until we got our own puppy a few months ago, and think their circumstances must have changed too, but it howls whenever they leave it. This is in the evening or day time. Yesterday she howled ALL day, from before 8am till after 4pm. Well, to be fair, I was out around lunchtime but she wa howling when I left and when I got back.

A few weeks ago the neighbour asked if I thought she cried when they were out and I obviously told her what I heard. I'm not annoyed (have a noisy toddler!) but feel for the dog. I offered to let her out or play with her but she said she thought it wouldn't do any good. I think they've moved her away from our wall as the sound is more muffled now.

Poor dog. Is there anything I can suggest they try? I don't think they usually leave her for hours on end, they all work different hours so maybe something unforeseen had happened yesterday to prevent them getting back to her.

belindarose Sat 22-Oct-11 20:34:13

It's Saturday night, they all go out! He started at 7.30pm and hasn't stopped for breath yet. I might wear ear plugs tonight.

pugmill Sat 22-Oct-11 23:13:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now