Talk

Advanced search

Remember Bonnie and Clyde, the pound dogs YOU LOT helped save? :)

(8 Posts)
DogsBeastFiend Mon 17-Oct-11 13:37:56

* NB - for those who don't know the backstory and/or what I do, I got Bonnie and Clyde out of a pound, where they were about to be euthanised, and into the safety of rescue.

DogsBeastFiend Mon 17-Oct-11 13:42:39

Sorry for the above. I haven't a fecking clue what went wrong there - my OP came up as online, I realised that I hadn't been clear and so went to add another comment and then my first post disappeared when I put on my second comment. confused

Let's start from the beginning....

If you recall I got Bonnie, the seriously overweight Chow X GSD and her elder buddy Clyde, a GSD with dreadful teeth and therefore in a lot of pain, out of a pound in which they were about to be killed and into the safety of a no kill rescue. Many of you contributed donations towards the expensive dental surgery which Clyde had and for the expenses of transporting them from one end of the country to another in order to get them to Lancashire German Shepherd Rescue where the marvellous rescue owner Ted Kewley dedicates heart and soul to his charges. Thanks to you good souls all yet again for your kind heartedness.

I received an email newsletter from the rescue today and so wandered over to the website to see what Ted was up to these days. I scrolled down and remarked to myself, "What a sweetheart!" as I came across a photo of a pretty golden Shep cross... and then I saw who it was.

Bonnie!

Unrecognisable now that she has lost weight and looks like a dog and not a pudding! She's still a solid girl but in her defence that's the chow in her breeding I suspect wink grin ... but no longer the overweight potential heart attack on legs! She looks grand. smile

Clyde, you'll read, is happy and even becoming playful in his old age but there has been an unknown mass discovered upon an x-ray - I hope to god it's not serious, extensive surgery for an old boy like Clyde may not be possible. sad

Elibean Mon 17-Oct-11 13:45:29

Wow, Bonnie looks amazing! So glad...paws crossed for Clyde sad

DogsBeastFiend Mon 17-Oct-11 13:46:11

Oh! And if you're interested, Lancashire German Shepherd Rescue have 2010 calendars for sale (proceeds to the rescue dogs of course). Details are on the website.

DogsBeastFiend Mon 17-Oct-11 13:47:55

Sorry Elibean, we X posted, that was a general "if you're interested" to all readers, not a pointed, personal one aimed at you. blush

She does look good, doesn't she? :-) I'll find the original photos of her, taken by the pound, and put them on my profile in a mo.

DogsBeastFiend Mon 17-Oct-11 14:09:40

Photo of Bonnie before her diet, whilst on death row in the pound, is now on my profile.

She's 5 years old, friendly and affectionate, loves her walks... and needs a home forever, folks. smile

gothicangel Mon 17-Oct-11 14:11:36

wow what a lovely story, i hope she finds a perfect forever home, x

ChippingInToThePumpkinLantern Mon 17-Oct-11 14:16:04

Oh doesn't she look good!!

Do you think Ted would take me in grin

I hope she finds a forever home soon!

Poor old Clyde - I hope they can sort it out for him. Other than that he seems to be doing really well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now