Talk

Advanced search

hello and new puppy advice.

(10 Posts)
gothicangel Mon 17-Oct-11 12:44:57

waves

hello everyone, im normaly a lurker but im being brave and posting to say hello to everyone and for advice too.

i have a 4 yr old cocker spaniel who is my world, my furry baby, smile and my husband and i (plus our 2 dc 8 yrs and 14 months) are getting a new puppy in 3 weeks, my cocker was a rescue dog and we got her when she was 3, (we have had her a year just after xmas)

well she was trained and i have only had to do a little work with her and she is realy part of the family, but i feel so sad we missed her puppy days sad

ok im going on sorry,

i have never had a puppy apart from when i was a child.

so im looking for some advice on puppys and how much resposabity could i give my ds he is really looking forward to the puppy and i want him to take on a little, not much as he is 8 but i think some will be good for him,

any advice would be great, im going to get a crate for the new pup and when we have her i will post some piccys,

thank you xx

clam Mon 17-Oct-11 13:12:49

Take a look at the "new puppy" threads. There are two - the first one began back in June and filled up and part two is still around. Lots of advice, shared woes and support on them.

What breed is the puppy? Another cocker?

Elibean Mon 17-Oct-11 13:13:06

Congratulations on forthcoming pup smile

Have a look at the Puppy thread....I'll see if I can find it for you and bump it to the top...

gothicangel Mon 17-Oct-11 13:19:18

thank you i couldnt find any puppy threads,

no the new pup is a collie x husky,

just hope my cocker likes her and they get on well, my cocker is my main concern,

xx

Elibean Mon 17-Oct-11 13:25:41

Does she get on with younger dogs generally, on walks etc?

Have bumped thread for you!

gothicangel Mon 17-Oct-11 13:43:54

my cocker, is amazing with other dogs and i have never had a problem with her being with other dogs, but she is very very submissive so im a little worried the new pup will rule the roost so to speak, xx

clam Mon 17-Oct-11 15:19:50

Here you go...

part1

part2

gothicangel Mon 17-Oct-11 15:32:21

thank you clam, i will get a cuppa and read part one, smile

x

clam Mon 17-Oct-11 16:22:56

You might need more than one cup!

gothicangel Mon 17-Oct-11 17:48:46

yep def need more than one, its epic, but good smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now