Talk

Advanced search

So if I found Mouse sleeping on back with paws in the air last night, does that mean

(21 Posts)
Elibean Mon 17-Oct-11 11:30:09

he has some greyhound/whippet/lurcher in him?!

dh was in stitches - he (Mouse, that is) was lying on the mat fast asleep on his back, long legs sticking straight up. Someone did wonder if he might have a touch of lurcher in him, along with the touch of staffy, the touch of beagle, and the lot of lab hmm

I don't really see it, apart from his whippy tail and his running speed, but....

Scuttlebutter Mon 17-Oct-11 12:34:12

grin

This is a classic pointy sleeping position - sounds like Mouse either has some needle nose DNA or perhaps was living with one and learnt by osmosis?!!

CiderwithBuda Mon 17-Oct-11 12:41:11

Our labs do that. On back with back legs spread-eagled in a most unladylike fashion and front paws up and curved. Weird.

ZombiesAteYourCervix Mon 17-Oct-11 12:42:39

My sausage likes to sleep on his back. Preferably on a lap, or under a slanket.

Elibean Mon 17-Oct-11 13:10:03

Aha - clearly not a preserve of sighthounds, then!

I do sometimes wonder if he is a bit pointy, actually - he does that pointy tail thing at pigeons. We also saw a Weimeraner out today who was exactly the same colour.

But I will drive myself nuts trying to figure out what the missing link is - I can see the lab clearly, get flashes of staffy in the wider nose/face (but not body), but those big floppy ears and just - something else!! Thought perhaps the back sleeping had cleared it up wink

PersonalClown Mon 17-Oct-11 13:15:09

Both my Staffy and my Doodle sleep paws up.
Not so cute when they both stretch right out and steal sofa space from me!

tooearlytobeup Mon 17-Oct-11 13:16:37

My springer also sleeps like this sometimes. He also has big floppy ears smile

Hatwoman Mon 17-Oct-11 13:17:52

my lab does this - just like CiderwithBuda says - back legs akimbo. One of our cats does it to.

CalatalieSisters Mon 17-Oct-11 13:20:38

My PRT does this sometimes. It is lovely to see it, because he is often quite wary and anxious about Life In General, and when he sleeps in such an exposed, unselfprotective way I think it means that he is feeling 100% safe and relaxed.

Elibean Mon 17-Oct-11 13:24:54

Yes, it is rather lovely, isn't it? Like toddlers lying spreadeagled and totally relaxed smile

Defo not springer, in spite of ears, tooearly (would love some springer, though!) as very short, straight coat...

crazynannawitchbitch Mon 17-Oct-11 13:25:10

I actually thought you meant an actual mouse blush
<I will get my coat>

Elibean Mon 17-Oct-11 13:31:34

grin

Sometimes acts like one (and seems to enjoy cheese)...

Jasper does this, and with the whites of his eyes showing and his ears spread out he looks a bit like a Gremlin. He also likes to sleep under the sofa with just the Gremlin head poking out. Very Halloween.

Lizcat Mon 17-Oct-11 14:02:48

Cockers do it too.

misdee Mon 17-Oct-11 17:03:36

think there is a pic om my profile of ralph sleeping like this.

lou33 Mon 17-Oct-11 17:07:22

my springer and my patterjack both sleep like that

Elibean Mon 17-Oct-11 17:08:47

There is, misdee smile

And your dds are very very cute too!

Elibean Mon 17-Oct-11 17:09:15

Clearly an Everydog thing! So much for breed-guessing then smile

DejaWho Tue 18-Oct-11 11:40:38

My undecipherable cross-breed who may or may not have some lurcher in him does a cracking dead cockroach.

The greyhound - doesn't!

DejaWho Mon 24-Oct-11 14:14:10

I'd like to confirm that my dog has, indeed, just confirmed herself as a true greyhound by roaching out the last couple of days... unfortunately she isn't quite skilled enough yet to execute the roach, stretch and back wriggle manouver simultaneously and proceeded to fall head-first off the sofa (the first time she tried she just forgot to put her tongue back in and ended up a rather attractive drooling pile of roadkill so we're making progress).

Elibean Mon 24-Oct-11 14:47:54

grin

welcome to roachland

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now