Talk

Advanced search

Met some lovely dog-walkers/owners today

(8 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Sat 15-Oct-11 20:49:17

On walk with 3 small dcs in the country smile and 3 dogs came bounding towards us.

Now I am not a dog-person but 2 of my dc's are very very keen on dogs. So when owners approached - eldest asked if he could stroke the dog (you see I've learnt what to do from mn) and the lovely lady showed him the best way to stroke a dog and explained why to do it that way.

So I may moan about dog poo on my drive but just wanted to post and say how lovely it was that this dog-owner was so good with my dc's who came away wanting a dog even more [its not going to happen though oh no]

OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 15-Oct-11 23:05:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kid Sun 16-Oct-11 09:38:04

Some dog owners are lovely.
Are you sure you can't be persuaded to get your dc a dog? It will be like having another child lol

Rhinestone Sun 16-Oct-11 13:49:19

Get them a dog!! Kids with dogs are healthier and have better social skills as they learn empathy. Plus dogs are cool!

OldBagWantsNewBag Sun 16-Oct-11 14:57:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pollykitten Sun 16-Oct-11 15:00:11

And it's really good for children's developing immune systems to expose them to animals! FACT (I heard it on Radio 4 so it must be true!)

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 16-Oct-11 16:46:09

We've only just got 2 cats and thats enough smile

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 16-Oct-11 16:51:33

Famous last words wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: