Talk

Advanced search

Met some lovely dog-walkers/owners today

(8 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Sat 15-Oct-11 20:49:17

On walk with 3 small dcs in the country smile and 3 dogs came bounding towards us.

Now I am not a dog-person but 2 of my dc's are very very keen on dogs. So when owners approached - eldest asked if he could stroke the dog (you see I've learnt what to do from mn) and the lovely lady showed him the best way to stroke a dog and explained why to do it that way.

So I may moan about dog poo on my drive but just wanted to post and say how lovely it was that this dog-owner was so good with my dc's who came away wanting a dog even more [its not going to happen though oh no]

OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 15-Oct-11 23:05:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kid Sun 16-Oct-11 09:38:04

Some dog owners are lovely.
Are you sure you can't be persuaded to get your dc a dog? It will be like having another child lol

Rhinestone Sun 16-Oct-11 13:49:19

Get them a dog!! Kids with dogs are healthier and have better social skills as they learn empathy. Plus dogs are cool!

OldBagWantsNewBag Sun 16-Oct-11 14:57:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pollykitten Sun 16-Oct-11 15:00:11

And it's really good for children's developing immune systems to expose them to animals! FACT (I heard it on Radio 4 so it must be true!)

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 16-Oct-11 16:46:09

We've only just got 2 cats and thats enough smile

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 16-Oct-11 16:51:33

Famous last words wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now