Talk

Advanced search

Short term dog care help enquiry

(7 Posts)
kid Wed 12-Oct-11 20:57:34

I wonder if anyone can advise me on getting a dog looked after for a short length of time.
Its a large type dog and due to a death, is in need of some short term care while the spouse comes to term with their loss.

It may resolve itself but I'm trying to help a friend out by making some enquiries.
As the request is on behalf of someone else, I'd prefer not to give all the details but I am happy to answer any PMs if you need more specific details.

The dog in question lives in Central London.
I'd really appreciate any advice as I hate to think of the poor dog being left when he too is probably pining for his owner.

bumpybecky Wed 12-Oct-11 21:00:50

I know the Cinnamon Trust help with pets who's owners are ill or in hospital, they might be able to help in these circumstances.

overthemill Wed 12-Oct-11 21:03:36

all sorts of charities help with this type of thing, you'd be able to find out from the local vet I expect. you could get doggy day care in yourself as it would be kindest to leave dog in situ. out of london i pay £12 a day

kid Wed 12-Oct-11 21:12:06

thanks, I really appreciate any advice/help.
I'll have a look at cinnamon trust now to see what I can find.

chickchickchicken Wed 12-Oct-11 21:58:39

also contact www.papas.org.uk a great organisation run by a friend of a friend

kid Wed 12-Oct-11 22:10:31

thanks, sent an email to them too. Just wait and see what happens next.

kid Thu 13-Oct-11 13:04:43

I've had replies from both places. Thank you for the suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now